PDA

View Full Version : hey strassa wuick question

Jdanz
08-01-2004, 04:14 PM
what's your play early on with AJo lets say utg+1. From what i've read in your posts and seen in your HH you wouldn't want to be l=playing that hand with deep stacks out of position. So do you just fold and wait, or call and see or what? Just wondering.

-JDanz

-JDanz

Sponger15SB
08-01-2004, 04:16 PM
if its just a question for jason, wouldn't it be better to ask him this wuick question over a private message.

Jason Strasser
08-01-2004, 05:33 PM
Easy muck. I limp with AQo out of position (i used to raise, but I feel limping is better now), I raise with AQs, I limp Axs sometimes depending on if the table is passive enough.

-Jason

PITTM
08-01-2004, 08:21 PM
i imagine strassa plays at least 50/100 sngs. I generally play either 20 or 30 sngs. i think you can safely limp with AJo at the lower limits and then outplay worse players. I find that i can loosen up a bit playing at the 20+2 as opposed to the 100+10. This being said i think if you are a good player, playing at the lower levels you can safely play AJo, see a flop and then roll with the flow of the hand. strassa is undoubtedly correct at higher limits, and even my idea is a bit sketchy, but i feel comfortable playing AJo when i am UTG+1 or so.

rj

gergery
08-01-2004, 11:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i imagine strassa plays at least 50/100 sngs. I generally play either 20 or 30 sngs. i think you can safely limp with AJo at the lower limits and then outplay worse players. I find that i can loosen up a bit playing at the 20+2 as opposed to the 100+10. This being said i think if you are a good player, playing at the lower levels you can safely play AJo, see a flop and then roll with the flow of the hand. strassa is undoubtedly correct at higher limits, and even my idea is a bit sketchy, but i feel comfortable playing AJo when i am UTG+1 or so.

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the reason for this is that at 100sng if others are coming in then your AJo is very likely behind and if not its not getting paid off, whereas at 20sng, that is often not the case.

-g

Algasm
08-01-2004, 11:49 PM
I agree with PITTM that at the 20s and 30s you can safely limp and then crush someone that is playing A-8s. I've seen it happen several times in unraised pots that players will think their Ace medium kicker is good and will give you at least half their stack. I'd limp and feel pretty good about my kicker if no one raises after my limp. But I guess that too depends on how the action unfolds. But if you are the first to fire into the pot and others are only calling you have to feel confident.

RPatterson
08-02-2004, 12:51 AM
I say screw AJ in the beginning. It can't win a big pot unless your up against a moron, I don't need to win little pots starting out.