PDA

View Full Version : “2+2 NORTH AMERICA vs EUROPE CHALLENGE #2” TOURNAMENT ANNOUNCEMENT

DrPhysic
08-01-2004, 02:12 PM
”2+2 NORTH AMERICA vs EUROPE CHALLENGE #1”
was held Saturday May 8 at 2PM EDT on Poker Stars. Open to all 2+2 people with invitations sent to 85 2+2 SNG regulars, we hoped to get 50 players. 24 players had a ball. If you missed it, you shouldn’t have! The North American Team beat The European Team by a score of 228 points to 164. Doug Brennan was the overall winner, Flopped Flush took second, Al Capone Junior was third, Tim Perkin and Stoneii shared the bubble.

It is now time for:

<font color="blue"> “2+2 NORTH AMERICA vs EUROPE CHALLENGE #2”</font>

EVENT: a private password multitable tournament on Poker Stars.

GAME: No Limit Hold’em.

TEAM SCORING: Mike Haven’s “Balanced Scoring System for 2 Unbalanced Teams” The nature of the scoring system is to reward both participation and placing. To help your team win, bring lots of your friends, and then place as high as possible in the tournament.

THIRD TEAM: Will not happen. Reason being that Mike’s spreadsheet for two teams is bad enough but doable. The one for three teams looks worse than an income tax form.

TEAM PRIZES: The winning team will win 2+2 bragging rights until we have the next one.

INDIVIDUAL PRIZES: Prizes are the usual cash prizes for multitable tournaments on Poker Stars

<font color="red">BONUS PRIZES: Todd Discenza, Marketing Manager for PokerStars.com has generously provided the following bonus prizes for this event:

A POKER STARS CAP FOR EACH PLAYER THAT REACHES THE FINAL TABLE,</font> see: http://www.pokerstars.com/fpp_store.html, “Black or Tan Hat”. You must have your mailing address registered with Poker Stars to receive this prize, and

<font color="red">A BONUS OF 100 TOURNAMENT DOLLARS FOR THE OVERALL WINNER,</font> if we have 50 players. These dollars can't be withdrawn - they are valid for buying into tournaments on PokerStars.

We wish to thank Todd Discenza and Poker Stars for helping us make this a first class event. Now, we need to get the word out, get registered, and get a whole lot of our friends to come play in the tournament to repay Poker Stars for their courtesy.

REGISTRATION: Send an e-mail to DrPhysic@satx.rr.com with the following information:
2+2 name: (your 2+2 name)
Poker Stars Name: (your Stars name)
Team: (NA, EU, or None)
I will send out the game password by return e-mail about a week before the game.
I will also keep the team rosters updated every couple of days on this thread.

Other Locations: If you are from places other than North America or Europe, you are invited to play. The teams are chosen because that is where most of our players are from. If not clearly one or the other you can pick your team and play with your buddies. If you wish you can play as an individual without belonging to a team.

Team Captains:
Codewarrior will captain the North American Team.
Tim Perkin will captain the European Team.
You can expect to hear from them in posts, pm’s or whatever to drum up some team support. I heard something about the Euro team planning a Goodyear Blimp flyover to RahRah the team during the event, and the NA team setting up fireworks to shoot at the blimp.

HYPE: Any and all is encouraged. Last Longer Bets which any players can make with their mates, nemeses, and enemies; Ransoms on more established players that get put out on certain hands, etc, that spiced up last game; Bounties on selected players of the other team. And anything else you can think up to spice up interest in the game

DATE, TIME, and BUYIN: The Day of week, date, entry, and other details have not been set. We want your input so we can draw the most possible 2+2 players.

SURVEY: Following this post is a survey. Fill it out. Please contribute your input as to how we can make this the best possible event for as many 2+2ers as possible. This time we want at least 50 to 100 players.

Date: During the time period between August 16 and August 23 pending outcome of the survey. This will allow proper time for signups and hype for the tournament.

ANNOUNCEMENT OF TIME AND DATE: Will be on Sunday August 8, so get your survey filled out today!

Games are for 2+2 posters. Not sponsored by Two Plus Two Publishing.

Thank you for your participation,

Brent/Doc
(for the leaders of the 2+2 SNG bunch.)

Without the assistance of the other leaders of the 2+2 SNG gang, the weekly games and the tournaments would not have happened.
Credit is due to:
Billy (Stoneii),
Boaz (PrayingMantis),
Brad (AleoMagus),
Greg (heyrocker),
Jim (Pitcher),
Justin (Byron Kincaid),
Matt (skaboomizzy),
Michael (Toro),
Simon (Simon Diamond),
Steve (codewarrior),
Tim (t_perkin), and
Vinny (VinnyTheFish).
Thanks guys.

SURVEY
I seem unable to make the survey questions display in order. Answer “What Day(s)…” first, then choice of time for your team and days, then $, &amp; team.

t_perkin
08-01-2004, 06:27 PM
So I suppose I better start off the the bounties. I will run the same bet that I did last time:

If I knock you out of the tournament then you pay me $10.

To accept this bet you MUST sign up to this bet by replying to this post any time before the start of the tournament.

Only open to players on the inferior team. In case you dumbass americans haven't worked it out, that means Y O U.

If you sign up and either I or you don't play then the bet between us is off.

Thats all folks.

Tim

codewarrior
08-02-2004, 09:24 AM
Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more;
Or close the wall up with our English dead.
In peace there's nothing so becomes a man
As modest stillness and humility:
But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
Then imitate the action of the tiger;
Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood,
Disguise fair nature with hard-favour'd rage.
(Henry V 3.1.40-7)

I’ll throw down my gauntlet as well – same deal as my esteemed European counterpart:

If I knock you out of the tournament then you pay me $10.

To accept this bet you MUST sign up by replying to this post any time before the start of the tournament.

This offer is open only to the doughnut-punchers on the European team

If you sign up and either your or I don't play then the bet between us is off.

Best of luck,

Steve (codewarrior)

codewarrior
08-02-2004, 09:25 AM
You're on. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Stoneii
08-02-2004, 10:03 AM
This day will now be called the Euro feast of Crispin:
He that outlives this day, and comes safe home,
Will stand a tip-toe when the day is named,
And rouse him at the name of Crispin.
He that shall live this day, and see old age,
Will yearly on the vigil feast his neighbours,
And say 'To-morrow is Saint Crispin:'
Then will he strip his sleeve and show his scars.
And say 'These wounds I had on Crispin's day.'
Old men forget: yet all shall be forgot,
But he'll remember with advantages
What feats he did that day: then shall our names.
Familiar in his mouth as household words
Tim of Perkin, Praying the Mantis, Kincaid and Jon,
Tosh and William, Debaser and Ruddiger,
Be in their flowing cups freshly remember'd.
This story shall the good man teach his son;
And Crispin Crispian shall ne'er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remember'd;
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition:
And gentlemen in Euroland now a-bed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.

stoneii

codewarrior
08-02-2004, 10:24 AM
So... You think yer betta den me? /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Stoneii
08-02-2004, 10:41 AM
not me - WE /images/graemlins/wink.gif

PrayingMantis
08-02-2004, 10:53 AM
Beautifully said, Stoneii.

"Prepare war, wake up the mighty men, let all the men of war draw near; let them come up. Beat your plowshares into swords and your pruninghooks into spears: let the weak North-Americans say, I am strong."

Joel 3:10

Eder
08-02-2004, 11:12 AM
I'm sure if I can get dealt the hooks I will pleasurably delete you from the money list...

Whoever beats my JJ at showdown will recieve $10 and my perpetual disbelief...Eder

codewarrior
08-02-2004, 11:24 AM
Solemn heave the Atlantic waves between the gloomy nations,
Swelling, belching from its deeps red clouds &amp; raging Fires!
Albion is sick. America faints! enrag'd the Zenith grew.
As human blood shooting its veins all round the orbed heaven
Red rose the clouds from the Atlantic in vast wheels of blood
And in the red clouds rose a Wonder o'er the Atlantic sea;
Intense! Naked! A Human fire fierce glowing, as the wedge
Of iron heated in the furnace; his terrible limbs were fire
With myriads of cloudy terrors banners dark &amp; towers
Surrounded; heat but not light went thro' the murky atmosphere
The King of England looking westward trembles at the vision

Toro
08-02-2004, 11:36 AM
Since I'm of Italian descent, I'll entertain a $10 last longer bet from the first pisan to respond. I know you're all bridge players so this should be easy.

byronkincaid
08-02-2004, 03:10 PM
Yeah I'll take this waaaay +EV bet. /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Byron (Kicking US Arse) Kincaid

ps I hope everyones forgotten that I went out first last time /images/graemlins/blush.gif

DrPhysic
08-02-2004, 03:15 PM
We haven't forgotten, Byron, but we won't advertize it unless you do.

Doc

byronkincaid
08-02-2004, 03:22 PM
How about a $10 last longer bet then Doc?

DrPhysic
08-02-2004, 04:10 PM
How could I pass up a donation like that?

Doc

codewarrior
08-02-2004, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I'll take this waaaay +EV bet. /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed it is, and thank you for recognizing this opportunity to make a modest contribution to my vacation fund.

codewarrior
08-02-2004, 07:14 PM
N/M = no message, doughnut puncher

DrPhysic
08-02-2004, 11:59 PM
Message for William on Multi Table Tourn Forum, If he ever comes out of hiding.

Doc /images/graemlins/confused.gif

DrPhysic
08-03-2004, 06:42 PM
The <font color="blue"> “2+2 NORTH AMERICA vs EUROPE CHALLENGE #2”</font>

needs an appropriate password. We are open to suggestions. Please post your best ideas for a tournament password.

The best we have at present (suggested by members not to be disclosed) are

EuroTrash

Old History

EuroDrawout

and my particular favorite:

<font color="red">MobyFish</font>

Any suggestions appreciated, of course.

Doc /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

codewarrior
08-03-2004, 06:53 PM
BaroqueYet?

hyde
08-03-2004, 10:18 PM
I like code's

baroqueyet?

I'll have an extra cup of coffee in the morning and see if I've got anything of my own....

DrPhysic
08-04-2004, 11:24 AM
The North America Team captain codewarrior announced his resignation today!!!

The new team captain's name is GOADWARRIOR!

Also he threatened to ban me from the team if I didn't give him authorship credit for <font color="red">MobyFish</font>!

Doc /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

codewarrior
08-04-2004, 12:25 PM
<font color="red"> So to all you Europeons, go away, or we shall taunt you a second time! </font> /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

DrPhysic
08-05-2004, 08:32 AM
b]Jump in![/b]

The “2+2 NORTH AMERICA vs EUROPE CHALLENGE #2” will be a fun event and is for everyone. You don’t have to qualify, or have a certain number of posts. You certainly don’t have to be an expert. There is no limit on the number of players, all are invited.

Getting to play against top 2+2 tournament players at a reasonable buy-in is the best education money can buy! You PAY for your poker tuition. I know of nowhere that you can play against top players at such an affordable price.

We want more players. To those who have watched, read, thought about jumping in to play... The SNG games and the tournaments are FUN. They are also a way to learn poker from some of the BEST!

Getting a chance to play with William, (MobyDick), Praying Mantis (HelmetSky), heyrocker, Poker Jon, thomastem, wayabvpar, Kurn, or Byron is a privelidge! Because I learn something new every time they clean me out (again).

And once in a while, I manage to get bragging rights!

Jump in. You will be glad you did.

Doc /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Zaebos
08-06-2004, 02:19 AM
bump

DrPhysic
08-06-2004, 11:15 AM
There have been a few questions on the forums and by pm about the side bets mentioned in the tournament post. Here is an explanation of the most common ones.

The bets mentioned in the tournament post are basically proposition bets. A proposition bet is one that is offered by one player, with whatever conditions attached he may specify, and accepted or not by one or more players.

A ”Last Longer” bet is usually a bet between friends (or enemies) that I will last longer, ie: place higher, in the tournament than you will. The bet and amount are agreed to before the tournament.

Another form of last longer bet is Tim Perkin’s, <font color="blue">“I'LL TAKE YOU ALL ON &lt;&lt;bounty&gt;&gt;” If you are the player that knocks me out of the tournament then I will pay you $15. If I knock you out of the tournament then you pay me $10.</font> Note that the proposition has terms: <font color="blue">Must accept the bet in advance, must be a member of the NA team, and must both actually play.</font> Not a bad bet for you as it pays 3 to 2, and certainly not a bad bet for Tim as he only has to pay it once. If he wins the tournament, or the person who puts him on the rail has not accepted the wager; then he doesn’t pay it at all. But he can collect on it several times.

A ”Bounty” is sometimes offered simply as an offer of payment placed by one player on someone who is a friend, or an (usually friendly) enemy for whomever takes that person out of the tournament. It is often in the form of “I’ll pay $10 to whomever takes out William!” as an example.

”Ransoms” are forms of proposition bets that are placed on one player by another with some specified set of conditions, but is different from a bounty in that it does not necessarily imply putting the person on the rail.

As an example, in the first NA vs EU tournament William, (who is a good friend of mine. er.... I guess), announced that I had stolen his blinds once too often. Naturally being from Denmark he is on the other team, and somewhat of a suspicious character to begin with....

So, he put out a "ransom" for anyone who could catch me in CO or Button, in an uncalled hand, and won the hand at showdown with me holding any hand not including a pair, an ace or a picture card. The ransom was $10 for anyone who could catch me stealing.

Proposition bets in general are any bet that you can get someone else to agree to the terms of. Think up your own. A few side bets for a tournament, especially among people who know each other, spice up the flavor of the game.

t_perkin
08-06-2004, 04:24 PM
If you are so scared of losing that you feel the need to try and persuade us to not turn up then I do truly feel pity for you.
Although I don't really blame you, I might even try the same thing if I was a yellow bellied, weak kneed american with no courage (or poker ability) facing the might of far superior opposition.

good luck

Tim

PrayingMantis
08-06-2004, 05:14 PM
"Behold, I will bring a fear upon thee, North Americans, from all those that be about thee; and ye shall be driven out every man right forth; and none shall flop TPTK or better!"

- Jeremiah 49:5

DrPhysic
08-07-2004, 11:16 AM
The SURVEY in the “2+2 NORTH AMERICA vs EUROPE CHALLENGE #2” post will end at NOON Sunday EDT Aug 8. The results will be reviewed by both team captains and myself.

The DATE, TIME, and BUYIN for the tournament will be announced early in the afternoon on SUNDAY.

GET YOUR VOTE IN NOW!

This is your opportunity to express your wishes about the tournament!

It looks like we can expect a successful tournament, and good feedback from you as to this and future tournaments. As of 5PM EDT on Friday, 94 people have voted.

ALSO, send your registration so I can send you the password. 46 people are already registered!

TaxGoddess
08-07-2004, 08:26 PM
I accept your challenge, love, and am thus committed.

But come, the bow: now mercy goes to kill,
And shooting well is then accounted ill.
Thus will I save my credit in the shoot:
Not wounding, pity would not let me do't;
If wounding, then it was to show my skill,
That more for praise than purpose meant to kill.
When, for fame's sake, for praise, an outward part,
We bend to that the working of the heart;
As I for praise alone now seek to spill
The poor deer's blood, that my heart means no ill.

Chorus: Do not curst wives hold that self-sovereignty
Only for praise' sake, when they strive to be
Lords o'er their lords?

TaxGoddess: Only for praise; and praise we may afford
To any lady that subdues her lord.

So, here it is the challenge, thus offered and accepted.

TaxGoddess /images/graemlins/heart.gif

(Love's Labour Lost, Shakespeare, Act IV, Scene i [modified])

codewarrior
08-07-2004, 08:43 PM
So everyone that hasn't done so, please vote and PM or email Doc with your registration info.

And as for you Europeons:

Seriously, what part of the prophecy did you guys just not get?

Thus spake the prophet Blake in 1792:

The morning comes, the night decays, the watchmen leave their stations;
The grave is burst, the spices shed, the linen wrapped up;
The bones of death, the cov'ring clay, the sinews shrunk &amp; dry'd.
Reviving shake. inspiring move, breathing! awakening!
Spring like redeemed captives when their bonds &amp; bars are burst;
Let the slave grinding at the mill, run out into the field;
Let him look up into the heavens &amp; laugh in the bright air;
Let the inchained soul shut up in darkness and in sighing,
Whose face has never seen a smile in thirty weary years;
Rise and look out, his chains are loose, his dungeon doors are open
And let his wife and children return from the opressors scourge;
They look behind at every step &amp; believe it is a dream.
Singing. The Sun has left his blackness, &amp; has found a fresher morning
And the fair Moon rejoices in the clear &amp; cloudless night;
For Empire is no more, and now the Lion &amp; Wolf shall cease.

Doughnut punchers /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

DrPhysic
08-08-2004, 02:09 PM
Final tallies being taken now. Event announcement later today after I talk to both team captains.

Doc

DrPhysic
08-08-2004, 05:33 PM
The <font color="blue"> “2+2 NORTH AMERICA vs EUROPE CHALLENGE #2”</font> SURVEY ended at noon today.

<font color="blue">The tournament will be:

Saturday August 21 at 3:00 PM EDT (Stars Lobby Time).
The buyin will be $22</font>

Be sure to send your registration to DrPhysic@satx.rr.com with
2+2 Name
Stars Name
Team

Here are the results of the survey:

“2+2 NORTH AMERICA vs EUROPE CHALLENGE #2”

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
Survey Results: Total
Sunday Noon

TOTAL VOTES 109

What Day of the week would you play?
MONDAY 50
TUESDAY 54
WEDNESDAY 53
THURSDAY 52
FRIDAY 58
SATURDAY 76
SUNDAY 66

EURO TEAM ONLY:
Saturday or Sunday, Would you Prefer:
12AM EDT 25
2PM EDT 29
4PM EDT 25
6PM EDT 22
8PM EDT 24
10PM EDT 21

EURO TEAM ONLY:
Weekday, Would you Prefer:
12AM EDT 6
2PM EDT 11
4PM EDT 17
6PM EDT 10
8PM EDT 4
10PM EDT 1

NORTH AMERICA TEAM ONLY:
Saturday or Sunday, Would you Prefer:
12AM EDT 29
2PM EDT 40
4PM EDT 38
6PM EDT 28
8PM EDT 35
10PM EDT 21

NORTH AMERICA TEAM ONLY:
Weekday, Would you Prefer:
12AM EDT 9
2PM EDT 11
4PM EDT 16
6PM EDT 22
8PM EDT 48
10PM EDT 33

What entry fee game would you like?
$11 38
$22 72
$33 21

What team will you play for?
EUROPE 26
NORTH AMERICA 83
NONE 0
</pre><hr />

It is apparent that the majority prefer a Saturday tournament for this event, but that we could draw reasonable participation for a future event on Sunday afternoon or early Friday evening. The time preference for the weekend is evenly split between 2PM and 4PM so we settled on 3PM EDT. A Friday or other weekday game might deserve a little more discussion as the EU contingent understandably prefers 4 to 6 PM while the NA folks pretty strongly prefer 8pm. Maybe we could negotiate for a future event on a Friday night.

After discussing this with the team captains and in part out of deference to Poker Stars who have kindly offered to support this event, therefore the feeling that we need maximum participation, the event will be Saturday afternoon as shown above.

Apologies to those who cannot play on this date, we will try to have a future event on a different day of the week to accommodate all who want to play.

Doc

DrPhysic
08-10-2004, 12:34 PM
The <font color="blue"> “2+2 NORTH AMERICA vs EUROPE CHALLENGE #2”</font>

has been posted at Poker Stars, Tournaments, Private

<font color="blue">Saturday August 21 at 3:00 PM.”</font> (15:00 Stars Lobby Clock Time)

If you have received the password, you can now register.

If you don’t have the password yet,

Be sure to send your team registration to DrPhysic@satx.rr.com with
2+2 Name
Stars Name
Team

I will send you back the game registration password.

PrayingMantis
08-10-2004, 12:45 PM
Unfortunately, I won't be able to paricipate in the game at the 21st. I'm sure you North-Americans knew that, and this whole vote thing was another trick to increase your ridiculous chances for winning this tournament. /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyway, I'll support Europe with all my heart, feeling completely sure of their ability to crush the poor, weak, unlucky, North-Americans.

GO EUROPE! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

DrPhysic
08-10-2004, 01:53 PM
See guys? They are dropping like flies!

Doc

William
08-10-2004, 04:27 PM
That's because us Europeans have a life and better things to do a saturday evening than playing poker.

You should rebabtize the tourney "The US/US/US/US/US Challenge" You have enough players /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Then you can all shout "USA, USA, USA" and everybody will be happy /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Zaebos
08-10-2004, 05:05 PM
USA!

DrPhysic
08-10-2004, 06:27 PM
Zaebos, Did he really say there was something to do on a saturday night that he thinks is better than poker????

NEW PASSWORD......

EUROCHICKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doc

William
08-10-2004, 06:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Zaebos, Did he really say there was something to do on a saturday night that he thinks is better than poker????

NEW PASSWORD......

EUROCHICKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doc

[/ QUOTE ]

TOUCHE /images/graemlins/grin.gif

mackthefork
08-10-2004, 06:43 PM
Wow Doc, I got 3 e-mails about the password, the 3rd one about clearing up the confusion just confused me even more /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif! Anyways I'm in.

Thanks

Mack

DrPhysic
08-10-2004, 08:02 PM
"Touche" may be the only compliment I've ever gotten out of him!

Doc

codewarrior
08-10-2004, 08:14 PM
Oh yeah....

Dodge.. turn... spin.. parry.... thrust!!!

*THWACK*

Got It!!! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif

codewarrior
08-10-2004, 08:19 PM
(and if you didn't get that - you *are* old)

Somebody on PokerStars stole your avatar pic and is using it for their image there. Thought it was you changing your handle until he respected my raise /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

William
08-11-2004, 04:10 AM
I've never had an image at Stars.

codewarrior
08-11-2004, 06:34 AM
No no - I mean your image from 2+2

Sheriff Fatman
08-11-2004, 07:20 AM
Why does it feel like everyone is conspiring to arrange things for 21st August, when I'll be watching The Pixies (and others) play at the V Festival?

So far I've had to opt out of a football away trip, Awesome Ali's home game, 2 nights out and now this!!!

Have I got the world's only calendar which has 365 days on it, rather than 1? /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Good luck Euro team, not that you'll need it!

Sheriff

DrPhysic
08-13-2004, 11:01 AM
If you have sent your registration for the tournament and not received the password, your ISP’s spam filter may have prevented you from receiving the e-mail.

Please send me a PM on 2+2.

Doc
DrPhysic

DrPhysic
08-13-2004, 07:04 PM
completely unbashful bump.

D

DrPhysic
08-14-2004, 12:10 PM
C’mon guys and gals:

Poker Stars has been kind enough to provide bonus prizes for the tournament:

<font color="red"> A POKER STARS CAP FOR EACH PLAYER THAT REACHES THE FINAL TABLE,</font> and

<font color="red">A BONUS OF 100 TOURNAMENT DOLLARS FOR THE OVERALL WINNER,</font> if we have 50 players.

We wish to thank Todd Discenza and Poker Stars for helping us make this a first class event. Now, we need to get the word out, get registered, and get a whole lot of our friends to come play in the tournament to repay Poker Stars for their courtesy.

We have 72 people who have sent in asking for the password. That’s a great number! But only 22 have registered on Stars for the tournament. Don’t wait till the last minute. We need at least 50 to collect the Poker Stars winner’s bonus, and a lot more than that to repay them for their courtesy.

Jump in and get registered.

Doc

DrPhysic
08-15-2004, 02:23 PM
Here are the teams as of 1PM Sunday Aug 15.

Lots of you still need to register on Poker Stars.

We have 36 new players out of 74 registered. Where are all of our SNG game regulars from the past several months? We want all of you to come play!

<font color="blue"> “2+2 NORTH AMERICA vs EUROPE CHALLENGE #2”</font>

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>European Team
2+2 Name Poker Stars Name Team Registered

Argyle TheGGMan EU
byronkincaid ByronKincaid EU Y
Filip Filip EU
genie genie1234 EU Y
Granite Camelking EU
IJW Tarls EU
ipp147 ipp147 EU
iturner187 iturner187 EU
Lars® Valhall EU
Mackthefork Mackthefork EU Y
Mike Haven Mike Haven EU
Poker Jon Poker Jon EU
Praying Mantis HelmetSky EU
Ruddiger Ruddiger EU Y
Sheriff Fatman Debaser EU
StableHand CPCharlie EU
t_perkin t_perkin 2+2 EU Y
Tosh Tosh27o EU Y
TylerD TheStrength EU

North American Team
2+2 Name Poker Stars Name Team Registered

0evg0 0evg0 NA
aBnart aBnart NA
Aceten1 Canada Bill NA
Al Capone Junior Al_Capone_Jr NA
alobar Alobar NA
aslowjoe trijoe NA
AtlBrvs4Life AlBrvs4Life NA
augie00 augie99 NA
C M Burns C M Burns NA
CCass CCass NA
Choyce Fmonti NA
codewarrior codewarrior NA Y
DerrekL drock76 NA
Diplomat The_D00d NA
DrPhysic DrPhysic NA Y
Eder Eder NA Y
Eihli Krogoth NA Y
eric5148 eric5148 NA
FloppedFlush FloppedFlush NA
Franco birding1 NA
Frenchie Catchupriver NA
Ghazban Ghazban NA Y
Graham Cracker Gcracker NA
housenuts ziggityzance NA
hyde dr. jekyl NA Y
jedi333 jedi NA
Joboo joboo002 NA Y
KilgoreTrout Wormtowne NA
Kurn, son of Mogh KURN NA
Kurt Cobain bd10 NA
mikey checks BustTheNuts NA
mikeyworm mikeyworm NA
missot missot NA Y
mrbaseball Silvur NA
mrgo prd mnky NA
napawino napawino NA Y
ohkanada ohkanada NA
PITTM PITTM NA
Roman Obender NA
Russian Ace Russian Ace NA Y
SenorBeef SenorBeef NA
Smoothtoquer Smoothtoquer NA
SUfan5 SUfan5 NA Y
TaxGoddess TaxGoddess NA Y
Toro Toro85 NA
tubbyspencer ZeppyZ NA
UsedToBeARock Arty Intel NA Y
VinnyTheFishPoker VinnyTheFish NA
woodguy woodguy55 NA Y
z32fanatic Chipferg NA
Zaebos Zaebos363 NA Y
Zoe's Echo Rosie Girl NA

Not on a team

ilya sleepyhollow None Y

</pre><hr />

Games are for 2+2 posters. Not sponsored by Two Plus Two Publishing.

Doc

Hood
08-18-2004, 07:53 AM
Bumpety bump bump.

Registration sent off. Looks like europe need as many players as they can get!

DrPhysic
08-18-2004, 04:57 PM
For those that are interested, here is how the team scoring is calculated:

Scoring system for 2+2 North America vs Europe Challenge #2
(adapted from the weighted two team scoring system by Mike Haven. Thanks Mike.)

This scoring system balances points for placement in the tournament and number of players in a 2 team tournament where the teams have different numbers of players. Bringing lots of friends to the tournament is rewarded, but placing well is rewarded more.

Team points calculation:
NA = pyd/(yd+xe) North American Weighted Final Score
EU = pxe/(yd+xe) European Weighted Final Score

where:
NA = weighted final score of team North America
EU = weighted final score of team Europe
p = total available points
x = number of players in team NA
y = number of players in team EU
d = actual cumulative score of team NA
e = actual cumulative score of team EU
t = total number of players

CHECKS:
NA+EU= p
d + e= p
t = x + y

PLACE POINTS (for a game with t players)
1st = t points
2nd = t-1 points
3rd = t-2 points

last = 1 point

FINAL TABLE BONUS POINTS:
1st 20
2nd 16
3rd 14
4th 12
5th 10
6th 8
7th 6
8th 4
9th 2

TOTAL INDIVIDUAL POINTS (if there are 50 players),
1st = 50 + 20 = 70pts
2nd = 49 + 16 = 65pts
50th = 1pt

Codewarrior and Tim will check my spreadsheet before final Team Points are announced.

Doc

Stoneii
08-18-2004, 05:39 PM
I'm back and in for Euro /images/graemlins/smile.gif

stoneii

DrPhysic
08-18-2004, 06:09 PM
Had to come back, huh?

Tosh
08-18-2004, 06:17 PM
A better scoring system:

Tosh is on Euro team, therefore they win...

Sound good?

t_perkin
08-18-2004, 06:31 PM
yeah gets my vote

and

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah I guess that means you win, well done guys.

Good game, can we play you again sometime please?

Code.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess that's it then. Bit of a pity, I was hoping you USA-holes would put up a bit more of a fight.

Tim
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

codewarrior
08-18-2004, 07:19 PM
What is that a quote from? I never said that. You doughnut-punching Eurowankers are putting words in my mouth.

I fart in your general direction.

I will shoot arrows in the back of your heads and make castanets out of your testicles already.

Doughnut punchers. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Stoneii
08-18-2004, 07:32 PM
Doesn't quite have the same elegance of your earlier poetic challenges but will not make winning any less sweet /images/graemlins/grin.gif

t_perkin
08-18-2004, 07:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

You doughnut-punching Eurowankers

[/ QUOTE ]

What is a doughnut puncher?

I heard someone mention it on Borat's Television Show, but I guess you don't get that over there in dumbed-down-land.

Actually don't bother to answer. I will take it as an ill concieved and dim-witted attempt at repartee. Just what I expected really. Complete lack of imagination.

[ QUOTE ]

are putting words in my mouth.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's because you are incapable of vociferating your views in a lucid fashion for yourselves.

Let's just hope you are leaving that last brain cell for playing poker.

Tim

DrPhysic
08-18-2004, 08:03 PM
Actually, code, I thought "eurowankers" was a pretty good shot.

Reminiscent of a recent post asking "What do fish do while they are playing only one $5 game?"

Doc

codewarrior
08-18-2004, 09:16 PM
Woe to you oh Earth and Sea
For the Devil sends the Beast with Wrath
Because he knows the time is short....

I assume you know the rest....

codewarrior
08-18-2004, 09:20 PM
Wank; n. to masturbate.

Doughnut puncher; n. one who masturbates by inserting his member into doughy goodness. &lt;vulgar slang&gt; a butt-reamer.

Hope that clears things up. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Umm. doughy goodness... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

William
08-19-2004, 06:28 AM
Doughnuts are hard to find in Denmark /images/graemlins/grin.gif but the concept sounds interesting...

Wonder were it comes from, he, he /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tosh
08-19-2004, 07:22 AM
So you do know what a u looks like. Well done, I'm impressed.

codewarrior
08-19-2004, 03:59 PM
I don't get it. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Toro
08-19-2004, 04:09 PM
A sheep as in ewe?

DrPhysic
08-20-2004, 01:04 AM
In response to a question posed on Multi Tourn Forum:

I don't know (if fossilman would join us), but certainly the top players from 2+2 are invited. The ones I can think of just off the top of my hat that we would like to see play would include...

Davidross
Eastbay
eMarkM
felicialee
Greg(Fossilman)
Jason Strasser(Strassa2)
LaBrujita
Lori
M.B.E.
MG in NJ
Nottom
SossMan
ZeeJustin

And any others that have been around long enough to have Pooh-Bah, Carpal \'Tunnel, or old hand behind thier names, as well as all the ones that have played in the 2+2 SNG games since January.

This tournament is open to all 2+2 posters including the new ones ID'ed only as "stranger", but we certainly would like to have the experienced players join us.

Doc

PrayingMantis
08-20-2004, 02:11 AM
Since I won't be participating, and also won't be able to see the results for at least few days, just wanted to say "GO EUROPE!!", and also "TAKE DOWN THOSE weak americans, which I'm already sick and tired of seeing getting all these medals at the olympics, doing all kinds of weak stuff like swimming backwards with no hair on their chests".

But this is POKER! Your colorful and shiny little swimming suits won't help you here!

To conclude:

Go Europe!

PM

Tosh
08-20-2004, 06:09 AM
Let them all play, let them all represent NA and we will still win without even using a balanced scoring system.

DrPhysic
08-20-2004, 06:47 PM
OK Folks,

This is my last chance to get you interested in tomorrow’s tournament. I’ve tried PM’s, e-mails, etc probably till I have made myself a pest.

I got Todd Discenza of Poker Stars to put us up some great prizes (Thanks Todd).

I have completely run out of cute posts…

Everybody is invited from newbies to the Pooh Bahs listed in my last post.

Tournament starts at 3PM EDT tomorrow. I will send passwords up to the last minute if you e-mail me at DrPhysic@satx.rr.com.

We have 87 people who have asked for the password, and 35 registered on Poker Stars. More by tomorrow. It should be a super event. All the regulars and 42 people that are new to our 2+2 SNG group will be there.

Get your side bets placed. The game is on!

Jurollo
08-20-2004, 07:04 PM
Hey can I get a pass for it?

PS name: jurollo83

codewarrior
08-20-2004, 07:17 PM
The Voice of the Ancient Bard

Youth of delight come hither:
And see the opening morn,
Image of truth new born.
Doubt is fled &amp; clouds of reason.
Dark disputes &amp; artful teazing.
Folly is an endless maze,
Tangled roots perplex her ways,
How many have fallen there!
They stumble all night over bones of the dead;
And feel they know not what but care;
And wish to lead others when they should be led.

The day is almost upon us.
Bring it on......

Doughnut punchers. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

codewarrior
08-20-2004, 07:24 PM
"A flute without holes is not a flute - but a doughnut without a hole.... is a danish." /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

- Chevy Chase, "Caddyshack"

Stoneii
08-20-2004, 07:37 PM
Anthem for Doomed NA Youth

What passing-bells for these who die as cattle?
-Only the monstrous anger of the guns.
Only the stuttering rifles' rapid rattle
Can patter out their hasty orisons.
No mockeries now for them; no prayers nor bells;
Nor any voice of mourning save the choirs,-
The shrill, demented choirs of wailing shells;
And bugles calling for them from sad shires.

What candles may be held to speed them all?
Not in the hands of boys but in their stone_eyes
Shall shine the holy glimmers of good-byes.
The pallor of girls' brows shall be their pall;
Their flowers the tenderness of patient minds,
And each slow dusk a drawing-down of blinds

stoneii (well actually mostly Wilfred Owen /images/graemlins/smile.gif)

codewarrior
08-20-2004, 08:01 PM
Blind-Man's Bluff

The well-wash'd stools, a circling row,
With lad and lass, how fair the show!
The merry can of nut-brown ale,
The laughing jest, the love-sick tale,
'Till tir'd of chat, the game begins....

Good luck, my worthy adversary....

(doughtnut puncher /images/graemlins/tongue.gif)

DrPhysic
08-20-2004, 08:43 PM
send me an e-mail at DrPhysic@satx.rr.com with

2+2 name
Stars name
team

I'll send back the password.

Doc

Stoneii
08-21-2004, 12:08 AM
SIGN UP - It's to be a glorius day, share it with us and you will be reveered in 2+2, pokerstars and most of all North American circles /images/graemlins/smile.gif

stoneii

DrPhysic
08-21-2004, 01:38 PM
Tournament starts at 3PM EDT.

I will send passwords up to the last minute if you e-mail me at DrPhysic@satx.rr.com.

Please send
2+2 Name
Stars Name
Team

Good Luck!

Doc

codewarrior
08-21-2004, 02:19 PM
Bump!

45 minutes everyone. Email doc per the above message, if you haven't registered yet with him to get the password.

If you haven't signed up on Pokerstars yet - go to the tourney tab, hit the private tab, then scroll down until you see 2+2 NORTH AMERICA VS. EUROPE CHALLENGE #2, and hit register!

Good luck to all who have joined us, and let the best continent win!

Hood
08-21-2004, 02:27 PM
Half an hour to go - 48 players. Need 2 more for free bonus tourney dollars to the winner!

See you all at the tables!

MissOt
08-21-2004, 02:34 PM
well we got 50 now

gl guys

Stoneii
08-21-2004, 02:45 PM
GO EUROPE - ALL 16 or so of us /images/graemlins/smile.gif

edge
08-21-2004, 02:48 PM
Whoops.

I would sign up for this, but I pulled everything I had in Stars out a few days ago. I'm also a terrible tournament player.

I'll try to make it for the next one though.

Stoneii
08-21-2004, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm also a terrible tournament player

[/ QUOTE ]

Never stops me /images/graemlins/smile.gif

codewarrior
08-21-2004, 02:55 PM
...is 12"around?

LOL

Zaebos
08-21-2004, 02:56 PM
I want that poker stars hat soooo bad

codewarrior
08-21-2004, 03:27 PM
I suck, it's official.... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I'm a doughnut puncher!!! /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Eihli
08-21-2004, 05:31 PM
bah i'm out in 9th. i completely blew my last 4 hands. but at least i can finally go to sleep. the next tourney better be after 8 p.m. central at the least. then i won't be constantly falling half-way asleep and misreading the screen.

Eder
08-21-2004, 06:00 PM
Well thanks Doc for all your hard work...fun afternoon playing against great players...definately -EV but still enjoyable. And grats to Byron for the big EU win...