PDA

View Full Version : Folded Top Pair on the Flop, Big Pot

Lost Wages
08-01-2004, 01:17 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Lost Wages is MP2 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, Lost Wages calls, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, Lost Wages calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (14.33 SB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, Lost Wages calls, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, Lost Wages folds, CO calls.

<font color="blue">I flat call the first flop bet intending to raise a turn blank. After it's raised and reraised I figured I was drawing dead or nearly so. On the other hand, the pot was quite large.</font>

Turn: (11.16 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (13.16 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 15.16 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 15.16 BB, between CO and UTG.</font>

jt1
08-01-2004, 01:22 PM
I'm not gonna give you advice, because, these big pots play tricks on me too. I also want to say that, frequently, I find myself in akward situations because I wasn't aggressive. In other words, my passivity has emboldened someone else and now I am in a guessing game. For this reason, I usually (except when i want to CR to narrow field) always bet or raise out.

Clarkmeister
08-01-2004, 01:29 PM
Just an observation, don't take it personally.

Your advice is IMO consistently weak tight, and is particularly overtight preflop. I am quite certain you would fold A9o on the button with 3 limpers to you, so why are you calling 3 from the button in MP with ATo and 2 EP limpers to you?

Lost Wages
08-01-2004, 01:38 PM
why are you calling 3 from the button in MP with ATo and 2 EP limpers to you?

/images/graemlins/blush.gif Because Ed said I could /images/graemlins/blush.gif. Two weeks ago I never would have done that.

Just an observation, don't take it personally.

Not a problem, I value your advice and yes, my natural tendancy is weak tight.

Lost Wages

chesspain
08-01-2004, 01:48 PM
I'm folding this preflop, since I want to be at least at the CO before I even consider calling with ATo after this many limpers (unless I received a signed note from every player yet to act promising that no one has a better ace or a premium pair /images/graemlins/grin.gif).