PDA

View Full Version : 10-20 Rammin' and Jammin' my big draw, for Dynasty

04-28-2002, 03:33 AM
The recent posts from Dynasty about jamming up the pot with big draws definitely made me a few extra bets here.

I'm in the BB with KsJs. 4 limpers, the SB, and I for 1 bet each.

Flop: 10s Qh 5s

Wow, I'm drooling already. SB checked to me. I tried to figure out a way to get the most money in the pot. I thought about trying a check raise, but if it is checked around that is a disaster for me. Plus, I think betting out on this type of hand from early position makes me far more likely to get paid if my draw makes it.

I bet, 2 callers and the SB check raises. Thank you very much! I 3 bet. The old me probably would have just called. Both callers and the SB call.

Turn was a rag, I bet and get called by all.

River was Ad. Bingo. Nuts. I bet and get called only by the SB. The A made 2 pair for him.

After seeing my hand, one caller said he needed a 9 for a straight. I told him I wish he had gotten it. He said something like, oh, would that have helped you too? What a great game. Gotta love opponents that will put in 3 bets on the flop for a gut shot on that kind of board.

Thanks Dynasty.

04-28-2002, 03:50 AM
I did this tonight too...and missed. /images/frown.gif

Still, it was the correct play for me to make. You should have seen how many theoretical chips I was stacking after that hand.