PDA

View Full Version : Any way to get away from this?

durron597
08-01-2004, 11:47 AM
NL 25 on PokerRoom, $.10/$.25 blinds for some reason. Anyway. I had just sat down 3 hands ago when this hand happened, no reads yet.

I get A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif in LMP, and there are two limpers behind me so I limp. A few more limpers to the blinds, who check. $1.50 in the pot.

Flop comes A/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif. A guy in front of me bets $1, I miniraise to $2, he raises to $6. I push in, because this is NL25, he doesn't have to have the set every time (or so I think to myself). He thinks for awhile and calls with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif.

So when do you decide that your two pair is no good?

RustyCJ
08-01-2004, 12:10 PM
I hate the minraise first of all, your hand is still vulnerable to flush draws, you've got someone betting, go ahead and raise about $3 here, with the raise, you're saying you have a hand, whats he playing back with here with a reraise? tough spot to be in, I lost a stack the other day with KJ against JJ on a KJ3 board because I played exactly like you did.

Big TR
08-02-2004, 02:29 PM
I too get in trouble with hands like these. I think the hardest thing for me is to actually take a few breaths and think, okay, what could he have? Too often I just do a gut reaction and say "Two Pair, what a monster. Bet some obscene amount"

I'm still trying to learn that just because it's NL does not mean you have to push every time you have a decently strong hand. I try to keep up in the Psychology forum for topics such as these.

SpiderMnkE
08-02-2004, 03:03 PM
Minraise = bad

Hand = hard to let go of here unless you know the player to be solid. There are many hands that you are beating in this situation... especially at this limit.

Tharpab
08-25-2004, 10:23 PM
Is this kind of loss unaviodable?
I'm also having trouble with this, getting top two
then for some reason my bets are facing resistence, I usually push, if I'm against a set then at least I have some outs, when to lay it down?

square444
08-25-2004, 11:19 PM
Don't know what I'd do here. I'd probably move-in every time at this limit, some people will call you with Ax and you'll get paid off.

But it's also a small "nothing" pot, so I might be hesitant to get so involved. Still think I'd push at this limit, though.