PDA

View Full Version : AQo in the BB

dfscott
08-01-2004, 10:20 AM
No read on UTG. MP3 and SB are loose/passive.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP3 calls, SB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP3 folds, SB folds.

Turn: (5 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 11 BB, between Hero and UTG.</font>

Fairly standard early -- did I back off too soon?

busguy
08-01-2004, 11:21 AM
Tough one.

At 1/2 on party an AK or AJ UTG limp is fairly common. It might have caused you to miss one or two bets but without a read on him it was probably the safest way to go.

What did he show . . . A9 A10 ?? or was he raising on his new found flush draw ??

/images/graemlins/smile.gif busguy

Haupt_234
08-01-2004, 11:27 AM
Looks good to me. You only beat an ace with a 10 kicker or lower as well as the small pairs. I find it hard to believe that UTG would wait until the turn to raise with a hand

I like how you didn't bet/raise the river even though you had trips, since you are most likely already behind.

Haupt_234

Octopus
08-01-2004, 12:15 PM
With no read, I'd play like you did and expect to be shown A3. (If he was tricky, I might go ahead and 3-bet the turn. Probably not since I am out of position, though.) It is also possible they guy had 33 and was sticking around (incorrectly) on the flop; you see that sort of thing a lot on Party. On the river, he either has the flush or the boat, but I still pay him off. (I would be surprised if you won the hand, but at 10-1 it is worth it to see.)

dfscott
08-01-2004, 05:59 PM
busguy wins the prize -- villian was limping pre-flop with AJo and won with Aces full.

I threw my "did I back off too soon" query in there because I was worried that maybe I was being results-oriented. Sounds like my play was right. Thanks.