PDA

View Full Version : trashy nothing hand at Pacific

dfscott
08-01-2004, 10:05 AM
I couldn't keep up with my outs in this hand, much less which ones were tainted. I kept looking for an excuse to fold.

Thoughts?

Pacific Limit Hold'em - 1/2 (9 players)

Pre-flop: Hero is BB with 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (6 players)
SB folds, All check

Turn: (3 BB) 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif (5 players)
4 checks, <font color="red"> CO bets </font> , Hero calls, UTG folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds

River: (6 BB) 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif (3 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red"> MP2 bets </font> , CO folds, Hero folds

I think I should've either folded or raised the turn. But given that I didn't, what's the river play? Small pot, bottom pair, player wakes up and bets into the previous street better -- worth contesting for 1BB?

Haupt_234
08-01-2004, 12:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think I should've either folded or raised the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should have folded it. A lot of times, players (especially 1/2) won't bet out on the flop with their top pair/weaker kicker in fear of the flush.

[ QUOTE ]
But given that I didn't, what's the river play? Small pot, bottom pair, player wakes up and bets into the previous street better -- worth contesting for 1BB?

[/ QUOTE ]

Small pot indeed. This is why a fold is warranted on the flop, since it isn't worth chasing your 2 pair or trips. Given that you did go to the river, I still fold here. You have to win 1/8 times for this call to be correct, and I don't think you will nearly enough times.

Haupt_234

Octopus
08-01-2004, 12:33 PM
CO had two overcards with a diamond. MP2 played a little strangely, but I think he just has an Ace. (If he had an 8, he probably would have bet the turn.)

Regardless, the pot is way to small for you to get involved in. I would fold the turn, but I agree that raising is better than calling.

Having made it to the river, I am torn. It is possible that MP2 put CO on a turn semi-bluff. You have been totally passive to this point, so maybe he expects you to be playing overcards or some sort of draw (which he knows didn't get there) and expects you to fold. You can beat a bluff and some Party players are a bit bluff happy. I think fold or calling are both fine here. Unless he has never gotten out of line (and you've played him for a while), I think I go ahead and call the river.

LowDown22
08-02-2004, 12:24 PM
I would fold this river. My thinking would be that Mp2 has an 8 and got scared of the monotone flop.

As for the turn, I'd probably call. I think you've got 9 outs at that point (two 3's, three 5's, and four 4's for the gutshot straight).