PDA

View Full Version : AA mirage 20-40 in sb

04-28-2002, 12:08 AM
here's a hand where i had AA and did everything i possibly could to clearly define my hand for my opponents in hopes of winning what had already become a big pot (for this game).

im in the sb with AA, the bb is a drunk cowboy trucker type who overvalues pocket pairs and is getting more and more disgusted by the (deserved, not bad) beats he is taking. the button is a pretty good pretty solid player who recognizes im sure that his blind opponents are pretty fishlike.

one thing important to this hand is to uderstand that i have been caught (semi and stone-cold) bluffing repeatedly all the way to the river at this table and both bb and button are aware of this.

the preflop is this, button open raises, i 3 bet, bb calls, button 4 bets, i cap it at 5 bets, bb calls, button calls.

the flop is something like 832. ive already bet the flop in the dark, bb calls, button raises, i 3 bet immediately. bb thinks and thinks and decides to fold. button calls, i bet the turn in the dark.

it's a little card, he calls. i bet the river in the dark.

the river is a little card. bb says "aw f*ck!" and starts ranting about how he knew he shouldnt have folded his 55 or 77 or whatever it was he had taht made a straight or set after putting all those bets in there. the button calls and i win. button acts a little tilted and gets up from the table for a bit. bb is on full blown tilt. i think betting in the dark helped them into this condition, but maybe i am stupid.

comments?

04-28-2002, 12:23 AM
Sounds like a great game to me and you played it with style. I'll be there tomorrow. Babe.

04-28-2002, 12:40 AM
I would argue that when you bet the Flop in the dark, and then also the Turn after a generally poor Flop, you are providing information that either you have a big overpair or have AK or something similar (you raised before the flop, didn't you). Could it be that betting in the dark would just encourage the particular opponents you have here to say ``#$@*& you'' and come after you even with marginal holdings. If you want them out at some point, why bet in the dark all the way?