PDA

View Full Version : please help me title this post...

04-27-2002, 09:40 PM
a few choices...

1."How i lost one million dollars stealing blinds"

well that's no good, i never have had a million bucks yet, how about...

2."how i got broke stealing blinds" well wait, i'm not broke yet either, how about...

3."how to steal blinds like tommy Angelo, only different", too bad i didn't just fold to the flop bet, heh. how about...

4."dude, AJo is not a steal, real men steal with J7o"... or

5. "what are the odds i folded the best hand" or

6."when to give up on a steal" or

7. my personal favorite, "here's hoping santa brings me some testicular fortitude this christmas"

the hand- all fold to me on the button, i open-raise with AJo, one each in red. SB folds and BB calls (don't he know who he is messing with, heh)

the flop-854 two tone, all black, BB bets out, i call (and the tsk-tsking may begin here)

the turn- another pesky black 8, BB bets, i fold.

post mortum-me thinks the default play is to raise the flop bet and see what develops from there. if it matters, this was an online game i had just sat down to and have no reads on anyone...thoughts?

04-28-2002, 01:29 PM
"How my indecision on the flop cost me 41/47ths of a sb."

Because you will catch an A or J the other 6/47ths of the time, but by only calling, you are resigned to folding the turn 100% of the time when you don't improve.

Raise or fold on the flop. If your opponent is real tricky maybe you call this one down, but I save that for the most tricky of opponents who have a tendancy to try and run me over. This is a player dependant call, though.