PDA

View Full Version : Critique My Play

jtnt1096
08-01-2004, 01:41 AM
Ok, we are down to four at a one table home game of 9. Blinds are 100-200 and I have approximately 1500 chips left. Chip leader has 2500. Just the two of us in the hand.

I am dealt K-Qd. I raise to 600 in mid-late position. Chip leader calls from big blind.

Flop is Qc-3h-4h

I raise another 600. He calls.

Turn is Jh.

I go all in. Chip leader calls and turns over Ad-2h.

River is 7h and I am elminated.

Did I play this correctly or should I have done something differently?

Thanks.

stupidsucker
08-01-2004, 02:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Did I play this correctly or should I have done something differently?

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, I would have pushed preflop, but in most homegames he would have called anyways cause he has the almighty ACE.

If for some odd reason I didnt push preflop, then I am deffenatly pushing on the flop. There is a 1200+ pot there and you only have 900 in chips left. you cant go pussyfooting around here. Push those chips IN!!!

He flopped an inside str8 draw, and you bet only 600 into a pot 2x the size. As far as he is concerned any ace or any 5 gives him a winner. When the turn falls he probably isnt thinking about that flush, but it sure doesnt scare him, and he isnt going to fold for the 300 chips you have left.

Hope this helps

naphand
08-01-2004, 05:31 AM
I second what sucker says, take the blinds PF, but certainly push on this flop, very few hands that beat you at that point and even a (unlikely) flush draw is a dog to you.

mcj0014
08-01-2004, 03:15 PM
I would have gone all in on the flop. This would force him to think really hard about that ridiculous draw.