PDA

View Full Version : 2 hands with potential flopped trips.

Nemesis
08-01-2004, 01:15 AM
Do you agree or disagree with my plays on these 2 hands?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Super Hero is SB with 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif. MP3 posts a blind of $0.75.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 (poster) checks, CO folds, Button calls, Super Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Super Hero checks, BB checks, MP3 checks, Button checks.

Turn: (2.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Super Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP3 folds, Button folds.

Final Pot: 3.25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 2.25 BB, won by Super Hero.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 1 BB, returned to Super Hero.</font>
__________________________________________________ __________

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Super Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB completes, Super Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Super Hero checks, UTG checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">Super Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, SB folds.

Turn: (6 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Super Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, CO folds.

Final Pot: 7 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 6 BB, won by Super Hero.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 1 BB, returned to Super Hero.</font>

iceman19
08-01-2004, 01:37 AM
They both look good to me. I really like the check raise in hand two, but how did you know someone would bet the flop?

Nemesis
08-01-2004, 01:46 AM
I was really just putting my hopes on the fact that somebody would... i felt it was the only way for me to really win this hand.

Haupt_234
08-01-2004, 02:02 AM
Hand #2 seems perfect, but I would have bet out in hand #1.

I am curious as to why you checked, did you think you were beat? The pot is small and there are only 3 other opponents here, so I think you will take it down a good percentage of the time. Bet it out.

Haupt_234

Nemesis
08-01-2004, 02:11 AM
Well... hand 1 and hand 2 were both meant to be played identically thinking back on it... i was going to check raise the flop, and bet the turn hoping nobody had caught anything. I don't know if this is the best way to play these hands in similar situation... small pot few to the flop.

flopmonster
08-01-2004, 05:14 AM
Is it just me or does someone bet the flop 95% of the time, no matter what the board is????