PDA

View Full Version : River Question

fyodor
08-01-2004, 12:25 AM
I can't fold this river. The flush card is a perfect bluff card for him. I think raising is a bad idea though. If he really is bluffing it accomplishes nothing. If he really has a better hand it only costs me.

So I think I can only call here. If anyone disagrees please tell me why.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks,

Flop: (4 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, MP calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, MP calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, MP folds.

River: (7 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB

blubster
08-01-2004, 01:25 AM
that's an auto call. Too many party fools like to bluff that. But get ready to hear everyone tell you , you should of raised pre-flop.

blubster

stripsqueez
08-01-2004, 02:20 AM
raise pre-flop - the best hand in the best position - just auto - if the SB wants to play 6h2h he is going to have to invest a bucket of money to do it

if the river was checked to me i would likely bet and call a raise so i'm grateful for the advance notice and definately call

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

fyodor
08-01-2004, 01:40 PM
Yeah I don't even have a weak excuse for not raising pf.

Anyhow I was showed J9. This is one hand I think would have called a river raise. Overall though I still think it would have been a bad idea.