PDA

View Full Version : Correct fold?

zuluking
07-31-2004, 11:29 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, Hero calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP3 calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero folds, UTG+1 folds.

Final Pot: 8.75 BB

huxbux
07-31-2004, 11:34 PM
No. You have 10 outs to win, 3-4 outs to tie, assuming he has the straight which is just that, an assumption. Pot is big enough for you to call a bet, and a raise would have been better then a call I think. If he three bets, call. Unimproved on the river call.

MrX
07-31-2004, 11:51 PM
At these limits, without any kind of read on your opponent I check this one down and call it to the river. Although, invariably when someone bets into you after you raised them on the previous round of betting they are representing a hand.but it seems that so many times that hnd might just be 2 pair or an overpair (overpair seems unlikely given his preflop behavior).

You do have ten outs on the river, if your assumption of his having a straight is correct and how many times have you seen players cap the river betting at these limits with their "perceived nuts", ignoring the paired board. So I think combing the possibility you have the best hand plus the implied odds of hitting a boat/quad on the river I call the turn bet and call the river bet.

Would you expect a check raise too if he really hit his hand? That move is so poular at this level too.

Nemesis
07-31-2004, 11:52 PM
Always look for your outs =) I've made mistakes like this, eventually you realize it's pretty much always right to cap a flop (generalizations) with a set and then get to at least a 3 bet on the turn before slowing down =)

afk
08-01-2004, 12:24 AM
You absolutely cannot fold here. Yes with a 4 straight on the board there's a good chance you're behind, but you've got 10 outs to the river to fill up or hit quads.