PDA

View Full Version : EMPIRE - Worst Run Tourney Ever

GoSox
07-31-2004, 10:58 PM
I got a freeroll for a new acct on empire. 2,000 people. Takes about 30 secs to realize there are only 2 at our table. So, we play essentially heads up for an hour and the other 8 spots autofold.

It finally dawns on me to check the other tables. At some only one person showed so they get 10,000 chips from autofolds before the table is broken.

At others, no one showed so the autofold to one another and no one gets eliminated; and there is no way to break up the table. At least until the BB hits 1,000 chips. I emailed support, of course they chose to do nothing and let it run.

Seriously, could there possibly be a site run by greater idiots ??

Matt24
07-31-2004, 11:17 PM
its a freeroll, big deal

ilya
08-01-2004, 12:40 AM
Wow, your EV must be at least 2-3 x INF...

surfdoc
08-01-2004, 01:20 AM
I didn't even know I was in. Logged on to play ring and it took me to my tourny seat..had 1000T left. Thought to self, this might be fun. Now got 63000 and 63 players left. Only prob is I really need to go to sleep for 6am work. Doh. May let them blind me out. I will post my screen name for some sweat if I get close.

Army Eye
08-01-2004, 01:57 AM
That is pretty hilarious.. that there were some tables with 10 no-shows passing around the blinds endlessly.

surfdoc
08-01-2004, 02:26 AM
5th place 27 left. SLOW as hell

GoSox
08-01-2004, 08:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
its a freeroll, big deal

[/ QUOTE ]

Well Matt, the whole idea of this freeroll was to reward players and their loyalty. Pissin them all off by wasting their time, doesnt seem to accomplish that ? Understanding yet?

M.B.E.
08-01-2004, 07:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
At others, no one showed so the autofold to one another and no one gets eliminated; and there is no way to break up the table.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not exactly; tables are broken based on the table number. For example, if there are 160 players in a tournament, i.e. 16 tables, then table #16 will be the first one to break, as soon as ten players have busted out of the tourney, even if none of those ten had been seated at table #16.

Aside from that, I agree that it's ridiculous to run a tournament with so many no-shows. What Empire should do is email everyone who qualifies, and say "congratulations yada yada yada, in order to play you must register yourself before the tournament begins".