PDA

View Full Version : Pocket 3's on the Bubble

07-31-2004, 10:56 PM
I was dejected after my early exit in the PP Million Guaranteed when my KK run into AK and an ace flopped with no further help for me. Looking for an outlet, I joined the 20+2 tourney for the next Guaranteed Mil! Out of 125 players, where the top 4 gets a seat for the future tourney with no set dated yet and 6th place pays a paltry $8 I grinded out and made it to the final 7. The players were all on a cautionary mood and almost any all-in will take the pot. On to the fateful hand:

I had the 2nd shortest stack of T6660, posted my SB of T400 and got 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Only UTG+2 with T12200. I pushed. Villain thought for a long time and called. Board was 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif4 /images/graemlins/club.gif7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Villain showed J /images/graemlins/diamond.gifA /images/graemlins/heart.gif for a rivered straight and I was out.

My reasoning aside from the table being tight is that I would have pushed if I had AK or any decent ace hand and 33 is slightly favored over my alternative choices.

Or would it have been wiser to fold and wait for a better situation?

Comments?