PDA

View Full Version : Reuters vs. CNN et al : Just a Question

GuyOnTilt
07-31-2004, 10:34 PM
Hey guys,

I think most of us can agree that what source a person gets their news or information from has a direct impact on their thoughts and opinions on current affairs. Having said that, since I was 17, I've relied on Reuters (pr. ROI-ters) to bring me the majority of my news and just about never go to American sources as my first resort. I think I chose to do this because I figured Reuters, being a newswire, would be more reliable and give a much more unbiased perspective of current events, especially political news. After three years, it's become kind of second nature to believe that I really am getting more unbiased news than national networks or CNN give out, but I don't really know if that's true. Is it? Or have I been being kind of naive?

GoT

The Dude
08-01-2004, 04:26 AM
I think it's clear FoxNews is the most fair and balanced, although even they lean to the left a little. As far as international sources go, everything non-USA is shameless propaganda. Trust only the American media.

Patrick del Poker Grande
08-02-2004, 04:30 PM
It's naive to think you're getting the full, unbiased story from any single source, regardless of who it is.

Kurn, son of Mogh
08-02-2004, 04:32 PM
Didn't Reuters announce over a year ago that they weren't going to use the term "terrorist" any more because they thought it was judgmental and inflamatory?

Never let the truth get in the way of the news.

cardcounter0
08-02-2004, 04:46 PM
The only product of the vast liberal media conspiricy you can trust a little is FOX NEWS, although their far-leftist ranting gets a little tiresome.

I think PRAVDA is the only relible unbiased Non-US news source.