PDA

View Full Version : Internet poker question

06-22-2002, 05:15 AM
I won't bother posting this on the "Conspiracy Forum".

Are there any sites which offer 5-handed play money tables? Recently, Clarkmeister and I played some head-to-head on the Paradise play money tables. The exercise was instructive. However, I think it would be much more instructive to practice short-handed play rather than heads-up play. In the last couple months, I've found myself in a few 4 or 5-handed games at 10-20 and 20-40 stakes. So, I'd like to get in some practice without real money on the line.

If this is available, I'd also like to find four other 2+2ers who would be interested in forming a "practice group".

06-22-2002, 05:42 AM
My son plays on Ultimate Bet at www.ultimatebet.com (http://www.ultimatebet.com). I had a look, and yes they do have a couple of five-hand hold 'em play money tables.

Alternatively, for cheap-but-not-free play (I imagine the rake would be pretty bad) they have two .25/.50 tables that seat five players. Seems to me you'd be better of starting an account for 100 bb and playing for a bit of money.

I'm in a different time zone than you guys but, yes, if our hours were compatible it would be enjoyable for me to participate if you couldn't fill it up. I prefer short games to full ring games.

Best of luck to you. LTL

06-22-2002, 09:36 AM
Funny I have been working on this aspect of my game in the micro limit .25-.50 cause I suck when the live game goes short. Would love to play with decent opponents though.

Allan

06-22-2002, 10:32 AM
I haven't tried it. They're available but I haven't taken the plunge for real or play money.

Planet Poker has some 5-handed play at 10-20 but you have to accumulate $2500 in "chips."

06-22-2002, 12:39 PM
thats where i learned alot about 5 handed. i used to play pokerroom.com...they had 100-200 fake money. may even have higher now. a little slower, but still good. UB and all the rest im sure have 5 max tables.

i also found the crossover to cash games, was somewhat close. since everyones playing about the same # of hands as they probably would normally. maybe a few more, but close.

b

06-22-2002, 01:24 PM
you have come up with such a great idea, a practice group honestly I've never even thought of this, i would be delighted if I could be part of the group. My name on Paradise, PokerStars, and True Poker is MLUZZ...let me know when you go on....and where you would like to begin.

06-22-2002, 01:38 PM
I'd love to play. Please post when you find somewhere acceptable and let us know when. I'm sure it won't be difficult to get 4-5 takers on any given night.

06-22-2002, 03:01 PM
Dynasty,

What a good idea! I am so comfortable in the full ring games and SO prefer them, that I usually just sit out when the game gets below 6 players. Really need some help on short-handed play. Yes, yes, ---read the chapter in 21st Century HPFAP over and over, but still not comfortable.

My on-line poker for $ is at PokerStars and they do not have the 5 handed tables. I have seen them at UB though.

Post a follow up on this----I think you will have enough interest. And see if you can get that big fish (Vince) in the game too.

Abe

06-22-2002, 03:21 PM
and all other aspects so i would definatly like to play, maybe we could get an email list of 10-15 guys who wanted to play.

tom c.

tomcullis@hotmail.com

06-22-2002, 03:23 PM
.....U get onto dynamite poker, that they will spread a micro-limit table just like that for U.

They are very customer oriented and are looking for more players.

U can page the host and ask him if he would do it.

I AM NOT AFFILIATED WITH THIS SITE IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR MANNER!!!

06-23-2002, 10:55 AM

06-23-2002, 06:18 PM
Get ICQ or IM. For those who don't know these are internet paging systems. We can all exchange #'s and whenever a suitable # of players happen to be online and have time, a game can be started.

06-23-2002, 06:41 PM
I just downloaded Ultimatebet.com and confimred that they have 5-player play money tables. This is exactly what I wanted. So, I reccomend anybody interested in trying this exercise also download their software.

At present, my goal is to set up a few "study groups" which will play once a week at a regularly scheduled times.

Anybody who wants to e-mail me to help set up times to play is welcome to do so. I don't mind being the coordinator of this project.

06-24-2002, 12:54 AM
ordnaryjam

sign me up.

tom c.

06-24-2002, 08:31 AM
My name on Ultimate Bet.Com is MLUZZ

my e-mail address is DONTHEJEWLER@AOL.com

let me know when we are starting

06-24-2002, 04:17 PM
My handle is...ummm...Clarkmeister

ICQ# for those interested is 21231910

Email is dave121871@yahoo.com

06-27-2002, 09:55 PM
You should be banned to Federal prison!

06-27-2002, 11:10 PM
But, I only play on the play money tables. I have never played on the real money tables. That can't be illegal.

In fact, by using the poker sites for my own use without paying any money to the "owners", aren't I draining the funds of the "owners".

I see my exploitation of these poker websites as a patriotic act against those "owners".