PDA

View Full Version : Heads up pot limit Omaha freezout

Evan
07-31-2004, 06:28 PM
I'm playing against my somewhat intelligent friend...

$.1-$.2 blinds, PLO-8

I have $10.60, he has me covered.

In the BB I'm dealt K /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3
SB completes
I raise $.40 (pot)
SB calls

Flop: 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I bet $1.20 (pot)
SB says, "I repot," and raises $3.60
I reraise all in for $5.20 more
SB contemplates..."Do I have to show my hand if I call and lose?"
I say, "No."
SB says, "I'm behind," and calls.
I turn my cards face up and SB declines to do so.

Turn: T /images/graemlins/spade.gif
River: 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Sb shows: J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif for the runner-runner flush (note that there was no card on the turn that would've given SB the lead).

He claims that since it was a freezout and he had over 3x my stack he should call in some -EV situations because he could either suck out and win, forcing a new freezout to start, or lose and still have the chip lead then go back to playing correctly without giving up EV in relation to time.

Any and ALL responses very welcome. Thanks.

Nottom
07-31-2004, 09:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He claims that since it was a freezout and he had over 3x my stack he should call in some -EV situations because he could either suck out and win,

[/ QUOTE ]

With a massive chiplead you can maybe make some marginally -EV calls in an effort to knock you out and end the thing, but making significantly bad plays is just gonna bleed away chips and give you a chance to win.

In thi hand for instance, would probably call with the A /images/graemlins/spade.gif instead of the 8, since this gives a couple additional gutshot outs, a BD low, and an overcard.

- hmmm checking twodimes actually makes my example a pretty clear call.