PDA

View Full Version : 15-30 Defending my BB against Tommy

04-25-2002, 10:50 PM
In the spirit of these posts Tommy is throwing up, I may as well post the only hand that Tommy and I played against each other.

Before we sit down in the Horseshoe 15-30 game, I give Tommy a scouting report on the two players I know in the game. One is a loose but straightforward fishy type, the other is the tightest player in the room.

Tommy promptly sits so that Mr. Tight and myself are both in the blinds while he is on the button. Symbiotic Schmimbiotic, the last place I want to be is behind a guy who isn't letting me get cheap peeks in my blinds, and is trying to buy my damn button from me! /images/wink.gif

But he's waiting for the pot limit game, so I just enjoy the pleasure of watching a true pro practice his craft while he waits for his name to be called.

So like clockwork, the following hand comes up. The aforementioned loose player limps in UTG, all fold to Tommy on the button who raises. Mr. Tight in the SB folds and I peek and defend with the monstrous hand of 5c7c. (Hey, it could flop huge /images/wink.gif )

Flop: 2h 5s 6c. Checked around.

Turn: Ac. I bet and UTG an Tommy both fold.

Woohoo!! Score one for the home team.

I hope I fare as well at Risk.

04-26-2002, 12:06 AM
I would call with 75s everytime with a limper already in.

I hope you were check-raising him on the flop.

I hope I fare as well at Risk.

Risk? I played a decent amount of that in college.

04-26-2002, 08:57 AM
"Flop: 2h 5s 6c. Checked around. Turn: Ac. I bet and UTG an Tommy both fold. Woohoo!! Score one for the home team."

Funny, I was thinking the same thing, about the visiting team, about the checked flop. :-)

What I really want to know is ... 7-5? You called a raise with 7-5?? Out of position??? How can you call with such a hand!!??? Don't you know that you should..... bla ... bla .... bla ....

(I'm practicing Vegas comportment. Did I get it right? :-) )

Tommy

04-26-2002, 10:19 AM
Tommy- now you sound like Mr. Hyde when he tells me I should fold my straight flush draw cuz he has an ace! Babe

04-26-2002, 11:10 AM
What I really want to know is ... 7-5? You called a raise with 7-5?? Out of position??? How can you call with such a hand!!??? Don't you know that you should..... bla ... bla .... bla ....

(I'm practicing Vegas comportment. Did I get it right? :-) )

All too well. Yikes.

Regards, Lee

04-26-2002, 12:24 PM
"Funny, I was thinking the same thing"

Reminds me of the movie White Men Can't Jump, where Woody's girlfriend tells him:

"Sometimes when you lose, you win. And sometimes when you win, you lose, or tie."

04-26-2002, 01:34 PM
Very good point. This does seem like one of those times.