PDA

View Full Version : A9o - 2 limpers - I have some beef

blubster
07-31-2004, 05:11 PM
I was wondering what your thoughts are on the hand below. I raised A9o from the CO with 2 limpers. I remember a post David Ross made about A9o in LP and the MAJORITY of you said FOLD with 2 limpers, but I'm starting to get a feel for 6 Max since I've been playing it more and from what I've seen the crap people play in 6 Max in early positions I think the majority of the time I'm ahead here so why not raise? Just wondering what the rationale is for folding this. Appreciate any input.thanks

blubster

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, MP calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, Hero checks.

River: (4.75 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP folds.

Final Pot: 5.75 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Ah 9d (one pair, nines).
Outcome: Hero wins 5.75 BB. </font>

stripsqueez
08-01-2004, 02:28 AM
how playable A9o is for me changes a lot based on my view/feel for the table - i think raising 2 limpers is fine - you get to buy the button with good chances you have the best hand and ensuring the blinds pay to play - lots to like

bet the turn unless you think this guy is good odds to take a shot with garbage you beat - oohhh - actually i missed the flush draw - maybe what you did is better now...

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

Peter_rus
08-01-2004, 02:48 AM
I like all.

The Dude
08-01-2004, 04:45 AM
I don't understand why you'd bet the flop but not the turn. You have a better chance of taking it down on the turn than you did on the flop.