PDA

View Full Version : snapshot from a slump

04-25-2002, 02:06 PM
Hello posters.

10-20 game, kind of loose. I haven't won a hand since the Carter Administration, but that is neither hither nor thither.

I have AhQd on the button. Fold to me, I raise. I think I have played it perfect so far.

Both blinds call. Normal to loose-ish blinds.

Flop: Ac 5c Ad

Check to me, I bet, SB raises, BB cold calls, I reraise, both call.

Turn: 6c. Yuck.

Check to me, I bet, both call.

River: Kc. YUCK! SB bets, BB calls, I fold.

I think I played it right -- is this all routine?

04-25-2002, 02:51 PM
except youre supposed to win a hand now and then ( to keep you coming back) /images/smile.gif

brad

04-26-2002, 02:14 AM
I would often smooth call the raise on the flop and raise on the turn to try and trap the BB in the middle for an extra big bet. But I find nothing wrong with getting in another 2 small bets right away on the flop either, as waiting until the turn to try to get the extra bets can sometimes turn out badly (usually when a club comes on the turn, and you may find it checked to you or (even worse) 2 bets cold to you).

04-26-2002, 07:28 AM
I suppose a lot depends on your opponents as to whether or not this hand was routine. I'm very curious what they had. Something doesn't seem right.

The sb check/raises an AA-two club flop, slows down when re-raised, now just calls the 3rd club on the turn, and bets out the 4th club on the river?... What could he have? A pocket pair with a club? An ace with a club kicker? Did he make a non-nut flush on the turn and decide not to raise with it? Did he flop a full house?

And many, if not more questions apply to the bb. What kind of hand can he call two-cold on the flop with, call a bet on the turn, and then call again in front of you when the 4th club comes? Must be a similar hand to the sb?

What I find interesting, is that no one could've made a nut flush on the turn, and yet you didn't get raised.

04-26-2002, 09:26 AM
SB = black tens

BB = black eights

04-27-2002, 08:47 AM
Flop: You could just call and plan to raise (or call) the SB on turn.

Note: I´m not suggesting that these plays are necessarily better, just that 3-betting the flop is not automatic, I think.

04-27-2002, 11:56 AM
So I guess after you 3-bet the flop, they both thought runner-runner ten and eight high clubs might be good assuming the board doesn't pair or if your probable bigger pocket pair didn't contain a club AND if the 3rd opponent in the hand didn't have a bigger club than a ten or eight? Not to mention if they hit their 2 outer and make a full. Never mind. It all makes sense now.