PDA

View Full Version : softest 10-20 i've ever played in....

04-24-2002, 11:04 PM
alright well its the only 10-20 i've ever played in.

i don't want you guys to think i'm some advertiser for truepoker or anything, if you look in the small stakes section you'll see i'm actually an avid poster there.

anyways, i had a solid win online on TP at 3-6 and so i decided to take a chunk of it and hit up the 10-20 game. i made a point to play rockish.

result: lost all those 3-6 winnings +30$, lol, i won't be trying this again.

this hand nearly wiped out half my stack and is reprentative of the way the table played, very loose and switching between passive and aggressive seemingly on the fly.

i raise UTG with AsKs and get 5 cold-callers, the button makes it 3 bets, BB calls, i cap it, everyone calls.

the flop was KQ4 rainbow, turn 6, river 10 and i end up losing the pot to a cold caller in MP with J9o. i don't have nearly the bankroll to handle the swings in a game this loose at the 10-20 limit but i'm sure you guys do so you could probably do quite well.

anyways, thought i'd tell how my first mid-stakes foray went, and let you know that theres fresh fish at TP, but i should warn you the swings are probably going to be very brutal. i'll be at 3-6.

see ya.

thanks.