PDA

View Full Version : I have a display question

Sidekick
07-31-2004, 12:15 PM
I am new to these boards and have run across a display problem. When someone posts their hands and then indicates that 'the results are below in white', I never see anything except for a white space. I can move my cursor over the area and tell that something is there, but cannot see the results.

I have checked in the FAQ, I've done searches for everything I can think of, but have been unable to find an answer to this problem I'm having.

I have been out to My Home and changed settings around for different displays, etc. Nothing so far has eliminated this problem.

It seems like a dumb question that I should be able to find the answer to, but I'm having no luck so far. If anyone has an answer or can point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate the help. :-)

BigDoggie
07-31-2004, 12:32 PM
Just hold the left mouse button and move it over the area and it will highlight it allowing you to read it...

Sidekick
07-31-2004, 05:50 PM
Thank you very much for the help! I knew it had to be something simple.

Is this left click hold, drag and reveal something new or have I just somehow managed to never see this on any other boards I've ever read?

paland
08-01-2004, 11:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is this left click hold, drag and reveal something new or have I just somehow managed to never see this on any other boards I've ever read?

[/ QUOTE ]
I have a funny feeling that there is a WHOLE BUNCH of stuff you are unaware of on your computer. But you only learn by doing, so Keep on Truckin.

Ray Zee
08-01-2004, 07:57 PM
i dont know any of this stuff either. lots of tricks and shortcuts. is there a site that lists all of these things somewhere. how would you know about them.

jdl22
08-01-2004, 09:25 PM
Another option is to move your cursor where you know the text is (normally you can faintly see that it's there) and triple click it. Double clicking will select whatever word your cursor is over while triple clicking will select the paragraph.