PDA

View Full Version : The importance of the Blinds

Dov
07-31-2004, 11:45 AM
I had an an amazing thought yesterday. We're all here trying to win 1BB/hr or so. Do you all realize that the blinds are .75 big bets in a standard game?

That essentially means that if you get good at stealing blinds and playing blinds, that you can come away winner without playing any other type of hand!

(Just a quick and dirty theory to isolate a particualr concept. I am aware that this is not possible in real world play.)

All Comments and suggestions welcome.

Al Mirpuri
07-31-2004, 05:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I had an an amazing thought yesterday. We're all here trying to win 1BB/hr or so. Do you all realize that the blinds are .75 big bets in a standard game?

That essentially means that if you get good at stealing blinds and playing blinds, that you can come away winner without playing any other type of hand!

(Just a quick and dirty theory to isolate a particualr concept. I am aware that this is not possible in real world play.)

All Comments and suggestions welcome.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do not want to rain on your parade but this thought is valid and was had long ago by many others.

Nottom
07-31-2004, 05:45 PM
Yeah and if you can successfully steal 3 blinds every 2 orbits in a tourney and not play any other hands you will make the final table.