PDA

View Full Version : Mark Of A Good Player II: Poll

Al Mirpuri
07-31-2004, 10:48 AM
I think you would rather sit at a table of players who exhibit the bad manners that we are all familiar with. Players who have the discipline not to bitch, rabbit hunt, etc probably also have the discipline to play good cards and play them well.

deacsoft
07-31-2004, 11:51 AM
The players who do these things must be a leasst slightly more "tiltable" too.

Mayhap
07-31-2004, 11:54 AM
No wonder the shades and headphones are so popular!
/M

Dov
07-31-2004, 12:01 PM
I think that it should be noted that players who behave this way also drive out the super weak fish who are there to have a good time. Since the question was phrased as it was, I answered like the others, but if there are super fish in the game just there for fun, I will defend them against this player and be glad when he finally busts out.

obi---one
07-31-2004, 03:49 PM
I agree the game is generally better with the people that bitch, moan, rabbit hunt, etc...
But they also drive out the ultra weak there for a good time.
And, I just don't like that atmosphere with people bitching and throwing cards all the time...this coming from someone that makes a living by playing poker

jdl22
07-31-2004, 07:34 PM
All else being equal obviously you would take the second one. However the first tends to correlate with bad play so I chose the first option.

Kurn, son of Mogh
07-31-2004, 08:37 PM
Live, I disagree. Most of the weak players are there to have fun. Jerks at the table ruin the fun. More fun = more profits.

Loci
07-31-2004, 09:34 PM
Best tables I ever played at have had a great combination of the two. Specifically, bitchy tilters to my right, and their opposites (who can often be made into allies if you show them respect) to my left. This way you don't have to worry about tilting players trying to punish you for doubling through them, which can lead to major swings in your stack... easier to play behind them and just swing up than play before and get beat by unpredictibility.

StellarWind
08-01-2004, 01:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you would rather sit at a table of players who exhibit the bad manners that we are all familiar with. Players who have the discipline not to bitch, rabbit hunt, etc probably also have the discipline to play good cards and play them well.

[/ QUOTE ]
Follow up poll: Which would you prefer to play with: a really juicy calling station who rabbit-hunts or a conniving, black-hearted poster who inserts his twisted, biased opinion into a poll question? /images/graemlins/wink.gif