PDA

View Full Version : Party $100 NL ?

warlockjd
07-31-2004, 10:09 AM
For you full-timers, anyone beating this game for more than $2K a week? I think I'm close to there and am curious.......

warlockjd
07-31-2004, 10:11 AM
(altho 60+ hrs/wk)

Sponger15SB
07-31-2004, 01:23 PM
i'll bump this, as i am curious as well.

i think $1500 a week would be pretty easy, however $2k a week you'd have to put in some considerable time.

i am still hanging out at the $50 level though, so this is all speculation.

fireman664
07-31-2004, 02:34 PM
I have consistently been beating this game for $1500 a MONTH for about 6 months now (that is when i bought poker tracker to keep good stats). I only play 15-20 hours a week though, and not too many nights or weekend sessions. So I think it would more than be possible especially since I dont usually multi table it.

thatpfunk
07-31-2004, 07:59 PM
What is your bb/100 rate if you don't mind? You multitable as well I assume... Do you play 6-max or full? I think the 6max for $25 and $50 is much more profitable than full and wasn't sure if the same held true for the $100 game... Sorry for answering your question with more questions! /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

warlockjd
07-31-2004, 11:07 PM
I multitable (4 tables) and play only 6-max tables. I find that shorthanded tables attract more 'action' players, and I try to play optimal nighttime hours.

I also concentrate quite hard on getting on tables with known idiots that have stacks of $500+ and relieving them of the excess. I keep pretty decent notes on the regulars, both good and bad. I know my game still has some major leaks, and I probably easily make $1k worth of mistakes a week.

Alas, I don't keep very good records, nor do I have pokertracker due to lack of POP3 email.

I'm guesstimating $8/hr/table or 4BB/hr/table.....

Anyway, I lately have been stepping up my aggression, and am picking up a lot of pots with draws/missed draws on the more passive tables.....

A big area for improvement is trapping another big stack ($400+ at least)for all of his chips. I find that double belly busters and flopping multiple backdoor draws hep here. If anyone has suggestions on how to more effectively trap the deeper money, I would love to hear it! (May start a new thread on this)

thatpfunk
08-01-2004, 08:43 AM
Thanks for the response, I am working my way up in the 6 max NL tables at party so any info is awesome. I cannot emphasize how helpful PT is... I used it without POP3 for a little and it still had some use. If you are determined to get a POP3, PM me and I might be able to help you out.

Also, how do you compare the play on PP 6-max $25 vs $50 vs $100? What BR have you found necessary for four tabling?

warlockjd
08-01-2004, 11:24 AM
Sorry, but I really can't help you comparing 25/50/100 6-max. I worked my way up to the $100 NL 9 months ago or so in full tabled games. When I switched to 6-max a few months ago, I didn't move back down in limits.

This was a rough 2 weeks or so of transition as I lost steadily and finally adjusted to the correct tightness and aggressiveness for the shorthanded tables.

That being said, my best guess is that you have fewer idiots, and are going to have to tighten up as you move from the 50s to 100s.

Jman
08-01-2004, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Alas, I don't keep very good records, nor do I have pokertracker due to lack of POP3 email.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can try using the free POP3 mail with PT at

http://www.hotpop.com/index.jsp