PDA

View Full Version : George W Bush Asks Us To Forget

Cyrus
07-31-2004, 09:41 AM
In another post (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=860098&page=&view=&sb =5&o=&vc=1), I had tried to put together the positioning weaknesses of the Bush candidacy, as I saw them. Those inherent weaknesses amounted to a potential that could cause a collapse in the Bush front, somewhere in the future, as I claimed. I naturally took some flak for that from Bush acolytes!..

I now see that the Bush campaign is wisely shifting gears and addressing one of these weaknesses head on. I suggested that Dubya's perfformance in the last 4 years has been abysmal, but the undecideds held on to him due to the lack of a credibly alternative. So, I suggested that unless Bush offers something new or asks the voters to essentially approve what he has done the last 4 years, he might find himself in deep trouble.

Well, the new theme of the George W Bush campaign is "We've Turned A Corner", as CNN reports. Of course, when one turns a corner, one can no longer see what was behind that corner. So it seems Bush strategists understood their best shot is to have the public look forward - in order for the public not to look back. (If a president is proud of his record and campaigning on it, the main campaign theme aims differently, e.g. "Four More Years". BTW, you are not gonna hear much of that.)

...Stay tuned.

CNN Report (http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/07/30/bush.issues/index.html)

GWB
07-31-2004, 11:33 AM
Talking about one's record:

Why is John Kerry's campaign so silent on his 18 year record in the US Senate?

Could it be because it is a record of shame?

In his speech he avoided talking about his anti-war protest years and his Senate years, what does he have to hide?

Rooster71
07-31-2004, 12:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Talking about one's record:

Why is John Kerry's campaign so silent on his 18 year record in the US Senate?

Could it be because it is a record of shame?

In his speech he avoided talking about his anti-war protest years and his Senate years, what does he have to hide?

[/ QUOTE ]
John Kerry is not the ideal candidate, but he's still a far better choice than Bush. This is evidenced by the fact that Bush supporters (like yourself) are seldom able to point to the Bush record and say "look what Bush did, other candidates could not provide that good of leadership." No, Bush supporters use the time-tested methods of innuendo (like your post), reversing an issue (like when saying that Kerry is NOT a war hero), etc, etc.

daryn
07-31-2004, 01:22 PM
all politicians do the same thing, right or left.

what has kerry done?

Jimbo
07-31-2004, 01:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
John Kerry is not the ideal candidate, but he's still a far better choice than Bush.

[/ QUOTE ]

You sound like those loyal Detroit Lions fans. They refuse to acknowledge that their team is a third rate wannabe.

[ QUOTE ]
This is evidenced by the fact that Bush supporters (like yourself) are seldom able to point to the Bush record and say "look what Bush did, other candidates could not provide that good of leadership."

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually unless you are living in a cave what President Bush has done for our security and our economy is evident. Denial can be cured but it requires you to have an open mind and believe the evidence not the propaganda.

[ QUOTE ]
(like when saying that Kerry is NOT a war hero)

[/ QUOTE ]
Last time I checked Kerry admitted to committing "war crimes" in Nam before Congress no less. If you are gonna believe in your little poster boy you really should believe everything he has said, not just the political spiel he is using to fool the sheep.

Jimbo

Stu Pidasso
07-31-2004, 01:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is evidenced by the fact that Bush supporters (like yourself) are seldom able to point to the Bush record and say "look what Bush did ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Off the top my head

Passed an Education bill
Cut taxes
Prescription drug benefit for medicare beneficiaries.
Got us out of the ABM treaty
Implemented a rudimentary Missle Defense system.
Turned the Clinton recession into Bush Boom.

He's done more in the last four years than Kerry has done in the last 20.

Stu

jokerswild
07-31-2004, 02:13 PM
Hi Stu,
You are delusional. He's busted the budget. His Medicare bill busts the budget while forcing the public to buy drugs not on a free market basis, but on a tariff for Americans to subsidize just a few companies (not unlike his give Iraq to Halliburton and Bechtel), his education bill leaves most non upper middle class or higher children far behind. His tax cuts endanger Social Security. The IMF has formally warned warned the US government about insolvency. Your attempt to discredit the Clinton administration's greatest economic boom in the history of the world is amazing.

You are quite frankly delusional(just off the top my head.)
You are starting to sound as stupid as MMMMMMMMM. You can do better than this.

natedogg
07-31-2004, 02:54 PM
I don't think Kerry would have a prayer to win if he wasn't riding the anti-war sentiment. If Bush hadn't invaded Iraq, we'd be looking at four more years of Ashcroft and stem cell bans and gay marriage amendments.

As it is, we might instead look forward to for new years of .... war in Iraq. hmmmmmm

natedogg

Sundevils21
07-31-2004, 04:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
all politicians do the same thing, right or left.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly right. Cut through all the bs and that is all that's left(or right).

[ QUOTE ]
You sound like those loyal Detroit Lions fans. They refuse to acknowledge that their team is a third rate wannabe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn you! Damn you! as a hardcore Arizona Cardinals fan I resemble that remark. Were turning things around this year... really, we are... go cards

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think Kerry would have a prayer to win if he wasn't riding the anti-war sentiment. If Bush hadn't invaded Iraq, we'd be looking at four more years of Ashcroft and stem cell bans and gay marriage amendments.

[/ QUOTE ]
I just realized how right wing I really am. All the things that Kerry is attacking W for, I support. War, stem cell bans, and keeping marriage "homo free".