PDA

View Full Version : Hitting the flop hard, being the aggressor

Atropos
07-31-2004, 08:52 AM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG+1 ($25)
MP1 ($20)
Hero ($24.25)
MP3 ($23.65)
CO ($35.80)
Button ($8.93)
SB ($26)
BB ($1.50)
UTG ($134.95)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls $0.50, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, MP3 calls $3, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds.

Flop: ($7.25) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets $2</font>, Hero calls $2.

Turn: ($11.25) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets $4</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to $8</font>, MP3 calls $4.

River: ($27.25) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, MP3 calls $4.

Final Pot: $35.25
<font color="green">Main Pot: $35.25, between Hero and MP3.</font>

Well, I obviously misplayed it. Since he liked his hand at the flop, I should probably have raised him all-in? Or at least raised him??? At the river I hoped he had a Queen, but I now recognize this would be totally illogical.

B1GF1SHY
07-31-2004, 09:27 AM
I think everything is fine until the river. If he bet and called $8 on the turn, you should make the river bet at least $8, if not all-in for the rest of your stack ($11?).

Atropos
07-31-2004, 09:32 AM
Yes, you are right. I thought he would realize that 4$ is in no relation to the pot, and would reraise me. However, since he liked his hand at the flop, he was surely not too happy about a 2nd Queen out there, thats why I should have pushed all-in at the river. Are you sure the other streets are played ok??? The result, he had AJo, meaning since he was a calling machine I had him ultimately trapped without any outs, and failed to put him all-in /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Leo Bello
07-31-2004, 11:10 AM
It is like discussed above, the correct play would be to bet the flop or raise him there. It would help you understand his hand. After that, by luck, the turn and river helped you, but in a strange way. Made him think u hit your hand on turn, when u already had it, so any normal player wouldn´t call you not even the 4 dollars of the river bet, but considering he is a calling station, you should at least try to put him all-in there. did you have any notes prior to this, of him calling all the way down with hands like that?