PDA

View Full Version : KK in SB

04-24-2002, 04:18 AM
10-20, 9 handed, I hold KK in SB, six limpers around to me including two normally loose aggressive players who like to raise nearly every hand they play. BB is a fairly loose player who I have yet to see lay down a hand in the BB before the flop in maybe three hours of play. I chose to smooth call in this situation. Was this an error ?

Thanks for your help.

04-24-2002, 04:32 AM
For a while, I was only raising in the blinds with AA, KK, and QQ. Of course, I quickly realized my blind play was much too predictable.

To "fix" the problem, I decide to never raise out of the blinds for about a week. I hated it. It was obvious I was giving up pre-flop equity by passing up on obvious +EV raises. The death of this "strategy" was when I also limped in the small blind with KK. Of course, the flop was King-high.

Never again.

04-24-2002, 05:05 AM
with 6 limpers and a loose BB its no point of raising, very few players fold after limping,(u might can create a sceanrio were u raise and one caller see the possibilty to get back possition and reraise u?). limp in with KK, if u hit u might get payed off by slowplaying, beeside, its a pretty nice hand and possition to check raise with if u hit the K, anyway, u cant get out the poor ace anyway, and the ace will hit the flop, seem to be like that

04-24-2002, 11:09 AM
Raise. Get the most from your hand. The BB will call.

04-24-2002, 11:10 AM
Steve,

In multiway pots raise from the blinds with KK and AA 100% of the time. Not doing so leaves too much equity on the table. The arguement you should keep the pot small to make it easier to win with an overpair centers around hands such as QQ and JJ. Note that with KK you might just call a raise and reraise if you expect the original raiser to put another raise in for you.

However, with kings and aces in shorthanded situations you might want to be deceptive and not raise, but this is rare since you should be raising with all sorts of hands shorthanded so that raising doesn't give away much.

Regards,

Rick

04-24-2002, 04:32 PM
with 6 limpers and a loose BB its no point of raising, very few players fold after limping

I don't want them to fold. I want everybody to call my raise. I want to make the pot as large as possible while I've clearly got the best hand.

u might can create a sceanrio were u raise and one caller see the possibilty to get back possition and reraise u?.

This would be fantastic! Maybe that player's 3-bet will drive out other players and leave their dead money in the pot. Of course, it would be better if everybody called the 3-bet so that I could 4-bet when the action gets back to me.

anyway, u cant get out the poor ace anyway

I don't want the Ace to fold. I want him to pay extra bets to chase his 3-outer.

and the ace will hit the flop, seem to be like that

This is a pathetic way to think about the situation. If one opponent is holding an Ace, the flop will be Ace-high (with no King) only 15.7% of the time. If two opponents hold an Ace, the flop will be Ace high (with no King) only 11.3% of the time.

You're playing scared with your Kings.

04-24-2002, 04:45 PM
"u might can create a sceanrio were u raise and one caller see the possibilty to get back possition and reraise u?). "

good. then you can 4 bet. You've got KK.

bwauck bwauck bwauck.

04-24-2002, 05:57 PM
lots of good points so far, one other to consider is that certain people love to limp- reraise with AA. and if you know them (probably the loose agg. types in this game) and that they would only so this with AA it will let you know. Yes some people are this predictable.

and of course if they will limp raise with anything then heck do what clark says and pop them right back grinning.

hope you won the hand though

tom c.

04-24-2002, 06:09 PM
KK wins almost 1/3 of the time against 7 opponents. It is an extremely strong hand. Raise!

http://www.gocee.com/poker/HE_Val_Sort.htm

04-24-2002, 10:56 PM
Steve,

Why not raise here, when you have much the better of most situations? Loose- aggressive players in particular are quick to sense hesitancy

on the part of an opponent, and you can't show any fear. If one of the players puts in the third

bet, you can flat-call or raise, depending on your

view of the player.

perfidious

04-25-2002, 04:37 AM
If u have 6 callers and u hold KK, its a big chance that one of them will hit double,this is a fact, the call raise situation to get a back possition is the perfect scenario, that was my meaning and the a good reason for raising, and a raise with KK is anyhow to get of the poor ace, remember that u only got two winners if the ace hit the deck, and please dont call me patetich /images/smile.gif

04-26-2002, 12:23 AM
If u have 6 callers and u hold KK, its a big chance that one of them will hit double,this is a fact

I don't know what "hit double" means. Does it mean to flop two-pair? The odds of flopping two-pair is 49:1 so I never worry about that. Of course, somebody could flop a smaller pair and then hit a 5-outer on the turn or river. But, I never worry about that either.

the call raise situation to get a back possition is the perfect scenario, that was my meaning and the a good reason for raising,

If somebody 3-bets to drive out everybody behind him, it is a tremendous benefit to you with KK as well. Granted you have to play KK out of position against the 3-bettor. However, you had to do that anyway against a larger field.

remember that u only got two winners if the ace hit the deck

True. But, the odds of an Ace coming on the flop is relatively low.

and please dont call me patetich

I may be critical but I never intentionally insult anyone (except that born-loser Joeymeister).

I don't know what "patetich" means. Please don't make fun of me for having a limited vocabulary. /images/smile.gif