PDA

View Full Version : KJs turns a flush

dfscott
07-31-2004, 01:44 AM
Refreshingly loose table for this normally rock-like limit

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, BB checks,

Flop: (5.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, CO calls, BB calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, CO folds, BB calls.

River: (13.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 15.25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 15.25 BB, between Hero and MP1.</font>

I'm a calling station until the river!?!

kgrad5
07-31-2004, 01:48 AM
what was your reasoning behind calling the turn then betting the river??????? raiiiiseee the turn!! you have the 2nd nuts, that river counterfeited your hand to someone holding the A of hearts, get your bets in when your getting the best of it

Entity
07-31-2004, 01:50 AM
Yeah, I don't like the overcall on the turn with that few players in. Worst case scenario, another heart hits and it kills your action (which happened). Best case, you get another call, and when you raise on the river he drops out.

Rob

Matty
07-31-2004, 03:39 AM
Also, raise preflop.

dfscott
07-31-2004, 07:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
what was your reasoning behind calling the turn then betting the river??????? raiiiiseee the turn!! you have the 2nd nuts, that river counterfeited your hand to someone holding the A of hearts, get your bets in when your getting the best of it

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is big leak for me -- after a long night of 2nd best hands, MUTB syndrome kicked in when the BB woke up on the river. Alarm bells went off and I saw AXs. UTG's raise didn't concern me as much, but I was very worried about having the 2nd best hand, so I just called.

When the river card dropped and UTG checked, I realized that he was obviously bluffing, so I went ahead and bet.

BTW, I noticed a lot of people bluffing the made flush on a 3-flush board at this level, so it's definitely something to watch out for.

afk
07-31-2004, 07:20 AM
I don't play 1/2, but I would have raised preflop, raised the flop, raised the turn, and played the river the same way you did.

cold_cash
07-31-2004, 12:47 PM
Okay, raise pre-flop but we've been over that.

On the turn you've got to raise. MP1 has already put a bet in the pot, and you might get lucky and have UTG re-raise.

You need to resign yourself to that fact losing a lot of chips in a flush over flush situation is the "right" thing to do. Until that 4th heart hits the board you need to stay agressive because you're a big favorite to win this hand, and even when it does come you're still going to win way more than your share.

Sent
07-31-2004, 12:53 PM
3-bet that turn man /images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Sent

PhatTBoll
07-31-2004, 02:44 PM
What should hero do if BB bets and UTG raises into him on the river? What if just one of them bets?

antidan444
07-31-2004, 03:55 PM
Call and call. You have the second nuts. You will win the pot enough even having to call two cold on the river to make this correct (I think).
EDIT: I'm a moron. The board is paired. That makes it closer, but I still think I call even two cold.

dfscott
07-31-2004, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Call and call. You have the second nuts. You will win the pot enough even having to call two cold on the river to make this correct (I think).EDIT: I'm a moron. The board is paired. That makes it closer, but I still think I call even two cold.

[/ QUOTE ]I agree, I think I'm playing near nuts flushes way too weak -- they should ne played more like sets as far as how far you take them (and how much you are willing to risk). You need someone to shout at you that you're beat before you slow down, not just suggest it.

rjc199
07-31-2004, 10:36 PM
Raise preflop (because you have the best hand). raise the flop (To clear up overcard outs). Raise the turn because you have the best hand. River is fine.