PDA

View Full Version : T 7 diamonds

Little Fishy
07-31-2004, 12:41 AM
8 handed live game

Hero is second high stack with about 35 BB in chips
UTG has 25 BB in chips

hero is BB with T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG and three other's limp in (not including sb), hero checks.

Flop (5.5BB)Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
hero bets 5BB
UTG raises all in + 20.5BB
Folded to hero

what's your move?

B1GF1SHY
07-31-2004, 09:53 AM
Hey Little Fishy, are you long lost brother or something?

I think it would be better if you were the one pushing, maybe a check raise on the flop so that they have the option to fold. What kind of player is UTG, would he be going allin on a flush draw or an open-ended? Would he limp with hands like AQ or QJ UTG?

You have a great drawing hand but you're a dog if he has a great hand like the flopped straight or a set (99), also if he has the higher flush draw, but I doubt he'd push with that. At best you're probably a coin flip, and I doubt you want to risk 2/3 of your stack on that, so I'd fold this and wait for a better spot.

Little Fishy
08-02-2004, 09:38 AM
the only hands I really fear are KT, or 99 where I'm a dog, there are many other possible hands that he may have: AQ, KQ, QJ, JT. Do you really think that this isn't worth a call?

tubbyspencer
08-02-2004, 02:00 PM
I think you have to factor in the possiblity of A9 diamonds, or Ax diamonds, as these are real possible limping hands for UTG. AK with zero, one or two diamonds is a possibility as well. Alot of folks raise with Big Slick, but quite a few play it as the drawing hand that is.