PDA

View Full Version : can i lay this down?

Jdanz
07-30-2004, 11:01 PM
Party Poker Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind t30 (10 handed)

MP3 (t1215)
CO (t1725)
Button (t1695)
SB (t630)
BB (t1305)
UTG (t780)
UTG+1 (t1030)
UTG+2 (t1245)
MP1 (t1325)
Hero (t1060)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: (7 SB, t210) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

Turn: (5 BB, t300) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

River: (9 BB, t540) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB (t660)

-JDanz

pukenpete
07-31-2004, 05:06 AM
I think you don't lay this down. Well, at least in a ring game you'd never do it. I personally would call. You have decent pot odds to call on the river with top pair and reasonable kicker. The hands that beat you are AK, AA, and pocket pairs for the set since he cold called that raise preflop. I would think after the turn raise he wasn't on a draw and didn't need to buy any free cards. AA or KK you'd think he'd reraise you. Maybe even AK. Check and fold is a bit weak. At least if you call and lose, the table might think you'll play top pair to the bitter end and might be less inclined to bluff you later.

Jdanz
07-31-2004, 01:57 PM
showed me a set of nines, not that i think he played goot, but his raise on the turn is telling me he can beat top pair good kicker right? Anyone think i should fold or should i just look him up?

-JDanz

pheasant tail (no 18)
07-31-2004, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but his raise on the turn is telling me he can beat top pair good kicker right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, but that doesn't mean that is what he has. He may have KJs, KcTc, Ac9c, etc. or simply be bluffing.

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone think i should fold or should i just look him up?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depending on the payout situation I think you need to look him up. You may be ahead here and if not you may have outs. Check call like you did. You still have some chips left. I think you played it fine.

PT