PDA

View Full Version : What is the biggest pot you have won with just 1 Pair?

PocketPaul
07-30-2004, 10:40 PM
This hand represents the biggest pot I have won to date and the amazing thing is that it was won with just a single pair. It was my 1st hand at the table and wow did I choose a good table!!. After the turn cap by MP1 I figured I was probably beat, but when the river was checked to me, I just had to make what I thought was a value bet. Can't imagine what UTG+1 & MP1 actually held? Both of them along with CO are now on my buddy list.

I guess this is also a good hand to demonstrate that when you get pocket rockets you want as many callers as possible.

Has anyone else won a larger pot with just 1 pair at showdown?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif. Hero posts a blind of $0.50. CO posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero (poster) raises</font>, CO (poster) calls, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (28 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (24 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (44 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, BB calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds.

Final Pot: 47 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows Th Tc (one pair, tens).
Hero shows Ad As (one pair, aces).
CO shows Jd 8d (one pair, eights).
Outcome: Hero wins 47 BB. </font>
/images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nottom
07-30-2004, 11:20 PM
Don't think I can even come close.

Ni Han

Transference
07-30-2004, 11:26 PM
That's wild, dont think I've come close either. Boo on the post, but perhaps your clairvoyant.