PDA

View Full Version : 88 UTG - Confused me much.

Joe826
07-30-2004, 10:13 PM
The villian in this hand is a fairly solid player, unlike everyone else at the table. Is this turn bet correct against 3 opponents with 2 overcards on the board and a flush draw that just got there? What if I bet, and 2 of them call, then a brick hits on the river?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls,

Flop: (8 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero folds, SB folds.

Final Pot: 10 BB

2000Flushes
07-31-2004, 04:19 AM
this turn card is a check-fold situation against anything other than 1 player imho

stripsqueez
07-31-2004, 10:26 AM
been here a lot - i like to bet - not always but a lot - i'm dying to get the button to fold - if i had the 8d i am more tempted to check

the less opponents the more i would bet - i also factor in whether i respect someone who has come this far and whether i can safely fold to a raise - ie is one of these guys likely to take a shot at me with a hand i still beat

i dont think it matters too much - sometimes it will go all fold and that doesnt have to happen often for betting to be a good plan - i often feel like i spew money on the turn in pursuit of seemingly hopeless causes and sometimes i probably do but i think its good to bet the turn and fold to a raise when you know it means your beat

stripsqueez - chickenhawk