PDA

View Full Version : fun at penny tables: AQs UTG

kureido
07-30-2004, 08:08 PM
Was playing some penny tables just for fun earlier today, and got a lot of lip from BB for this hand. I may have been a little loose/aggressive here, but I didn't feel like I was *way* out of line going after this pot. BB sees about 75% of the flops and is fairly aggressive with any decent piece of the board. No read on CO. Comments?

(btw, bison, if you're reading this, your hand converter had a little trouble with this one. I'll PM the hand history to you.)

Ultimate Bet 0.01/0.02 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif. BB posts a blind of $0.01.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP folds, CO calls, Button calls, BB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: (11 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (17 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 21 BB

I'll post my thought processes later so as not to skew any resulting comments. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

-b

kureido
07-31-2004, 12:48 AM
Erm, bump? Anyone?

Any comments and criticisms are welcome, especially those regarding possible clean/tainted outs, pot odds, implied odds, etc., or any of the other more complicated topics Ed covered in SSHE.

-b

stir
08-02-2004, 11:59 AM
On the turn you should call, not raise; there are several hands you could be behind to here and you aren't going to fold any of them with a raise.

On the river call, don't raise.

You weren't a little aggresive - you were very aggressive, perhaps because it was micro-limit.

chief444
08-02-2004, 12:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
On the river call, don't raise.

[/ QUOTE ]
He has the nuts. I usually raise when I can't be beat. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Otherwise I agree on just calling the turn. Flop play I think is OK.

btspider
08-02-2004, 12:07 PM
The turn raise is much worse than the flop raise, which I would also question. I'd like the flop raise more if you had AK and the flop had QTx.

Stir, the river raise is a must. He's got the nuts and his opponent may have a set rather than another A.

DMBFan23
08-02-2004, 12:46 PM
I can't see how a river raise is anything but +EV. there's no one else to drive out, and either BB folds and you make all the money you would have made, or he calls and you show him the nuts and get an extra BB.

Aviston
08-02-2004, 02:46 PM
Alright Brian, just because it's you I'll take a shot Mr. Aggressive...

After the BB's flop bet, you are looking at 11:1 pot odds. For outs, I figure, at this point, your aces are good, as well as your gutshot straight draw and backdoor flush draw, giving you 8 outs roughly. Your hand odds at this point are 5:1 meaning that the 11:1 pot odds makes this an easy call. I, personally, wouldn't raise here, but I don't think that the flop raise is necessarily a bad play at this point. After the CO 3 bets and the BB caps, figuring that the CO will call gives you 20:1 pot odds, but since you are calling 2 bets, you are looking at 10:1. Now I'd figure aces won't help me (assuming two pair or a set), so you are only looking at 5 clean outs. Even so, 5 outs gives you 8.4:1, and with 10:1 pot odds, I see no reason not to call here.

Even after the turn I feel that you are still behind, but with the queen coming your ace outs may be good again. You are looking at 11:1 pot odds, and we'll give you 8 outs (removing an ace out since it may not be good against a made set, removing the backdoor flush draw outs, and adding 2 more queens as outs). This means you are looking at about 5:1 with an 11:1 pot, again, a call is correct here. I don't like the raise here since the hands you are drawing to are strong enough to where you don't need, in my opinion, to try and knock out the CO.

As for the river, you made the nuts, so raising is an obvious one /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

stir
08-02-2004, 03:14 PM
Your right about the river, of course. My bad.

kureido
08-02-2004, 05:13 PM
BB tables 55 and MHIG. By the flop cap I figured she was either holding the fives, K5, or KJ, with the first two being more likely.

The turn raise is much worse than the flop raise, which I would also question. I'd like the flop raise more if you had AK and the flop had QTx.

Yeah, I was overzealous on the turn for sure. After the flop cap, I figured I was drawing to the gutshot, the backdoor flush, or a runner-runner set or two pair to win, and planned on just calling BB's bet on the turn. But I played too fast on the turn and hit raise before I'd really thought it out after hitting one of my outs. Sloppy play.

I don't like the raise here since the hands you are drawing to are strong enough to where you don't need, in my opinion, to try and knock out the CO.

This makes sense to me, I like this line of thinking.

Thanks for the replies!

-b