PDA

View Full Version : Too aggressive?

Beavis68
07-30-2004, 07:35 PM
Like opinioins, the guy that opened here had just opened raised from early POS with J-10ss in the last hand and lost to a 5-7 flush. Table was loose aggressive.

Had a decent pot though, so I thought it was worthwhile.

Ultimate Bet 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Beavis is SB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP3 <font color="purple">(Jack Raiser)</font> raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button folds, Beavis calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, GRANT calls, MP2 calls, MP3 <font color="purple">(Jack Raiser)</font> calls.

Flop: (19 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
Beavis checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Jack Raiser bets</font>, CO calls, Beavis calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 folds.

Turn: (11.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
Beavis checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Jack Raiser bets</font>, CO folds, Beavis calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (14.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Beavis checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Jack Raiser calls, <font color="CC3333">Beavis raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, Jack Raiser calls.

Final Pot: 20.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 20.50 BB, between Jack Raiser, Beavis, UTG, UTG+1 and MP1.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Beavis (20.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Beavis shows As 2s (two pair, aces and twos).
UTG doesn't show.
UTG+1 shows Ad Td (one pair, aces).
MP1 doesn't show.
Jack Raiser shows 9d Js (two pair, jacks and nines).
Outcome: Beavis wins 20.50 BB. </font>

Piiop
07-30-2004, 07:37 PM
There are about 42 spots in this that you should fold.

bdk3clash
07-30-2004, 07:52 PM
For god's sake fold preflop.

Other than that, I'm playing it just like you. Calling the flop seems OK, though be wary of your /images/graemlins/diamond.gif outs.

Calling the turn seems OK, river checkraise looks good.

Piiop--where would you have our hero folding postflop?

Piiop
07-30-2004, 08:06 PM
All 42 spots were preflop.

I understand the pot was large enough postflop to justify the play. I just don't think that this is a good situation to get into. Bottom pair with no other draws when there was a raise and 3-bet preflop doesn't make me very happy. I'd feel a lot better if there was at least a spade on the flop.

Beavis68
07-30-2004, 09:19 PM
Those were pretty much my thoughts too. Should have dumped it pre-flop.

The only reason I raised is because I knew "jack raiser" and probably the 3-better would pay me off if I hit it big.

But A-2ss is just too weak.