PDA

View Full Version : 2 Hands To Review

banditdad
07-30-2004, 06:35 PM
How do you think these were played? The first hand I tried to increase the pot to better my pot odds. The 2nd. hand I felt the pot was too small to continue on with.

Hand #1

Absolute Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif. Hero posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, Hero (poster) checks, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG folds, MP1 calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks.

River: (5.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP1 folds.

Final Pot: 10 BB

2nd. Hand

Absolute Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO (poster) checks, Button folds, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP2 folds, CO calls.

Turn: (3 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 4 BB

DMBFan23
07-30-2004, 06:40 PM
dont know how I feel about the river raise in hand 1, it just seems questionable. also, I wouldnt think of your draw as an OESD, the 9s are tainted outs IMO.

hand 2, IF you assume you will get a bet out of him on the river should you hit, is still a borderline call...I like the fold.

Piiop
07-30-2004, 07:02 PM
Hand 1 - Why would you ever check the turn here??? The river raise isn't too great either. To the other poster, I would not at all think of your 9 outs as tainted. There are only 2 other players, it's unlikely one is holding onto a T for the gutshot. The BB probably has a pair and MP is more likely to have a 9 than a T

Hand 2 - You were correct to fold the turn, you did not have the correct odds. You're 5.75:1 to hit and the pot is giving you 4:1. Also, this complete from the small blind isn't that great. There is only 1 limper and 1 poster in the hand, so you're not you're not going to have a big pot and not good odds to chase a str8 or flush which is exactly what happened.

rjc199
07-30-2004, 09:24 PM
Hand 1: Call the river. Don't raise. You threw away $1 there, a bluff never calls that bet, and a trip WILL call or raise and you will have to fold.

Hand 2: I would call this turn bet. You have 8 clean outs to the nuts. It is 4:1 to you right now. You are 4.75:1 to hitting your hand. He will give action if you hit your hand. You can make up that .75 bets.

Beavis68
07-30-2004, 09:33 PM
Hand one, bet the turn, call the river.

Hand two, don't raise the flop here, you are out of position - that left you open to a bluff on the turn, check-raise - and earn a free river card.