PDA

View Full Version : Should I have raised river or flatcalled?

Lmn55d
07-30-2004, 04:14 PM
How did I play this hand? My main question is whether I should have just called the river.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $3.
UTG calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (14.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls.

Turn: (9.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, CO checks, Hero checks.

River: (9.75 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 15.75 BB, between Hero and BB.</font>

StellarWind
07-30-2004, 04:56 PM
I might not bother betting the flop with this many opponents.

I would call the river. The problem is BB has a pretty good idea that the king is your card, probably complete with an ace kicker. He might not bet Kx in this situation. There is some small chance he has made kings and nines. The major risk is that he called the flop with a six and missed his checkraise on the turn.

Raising is giving 2-1 odds because he has an easy reraise with either kings and nines or trip sixes. I don't think your chances are that good.

Lmn55d
07-30-2004, 05:09 PM
you don't think the flop bet is worth it to get a hand like K2 to fold?

Alobar
07-30-2004, 05:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you don't think the bets worth it to get a hand like K2 to fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

you already have k2 beat, the board is paired higher than 2.

I call here simply because you have no idea what the BB has, and he has a pretty good idea what you have. So it makes it alot easier for him to play his hand when you raise. If he doesnt have at least a K he folds. If he has a pair of kings beat, you get 3 bet.

Lmn55d
07-30-2004, 05:24 PM
no i'm talking about betting the flop. I bet because I wanted to free up my K and Q outs. This bad?

J.R.
07-30-2004, 05:26 PM
Getting a likely 15.5 or better to 1, no hand that paired one of its hole cards should nor will fold in this spot.

Alobar
07-30-2004, 05:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
no i'm talking about betting the flop. I bet because I wanted to free up my K and Q outs. This bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

The only reason I would bet the flop is to hope that its checked to me again on the turn and I could take a free card if I needed it. But with so many people in the pot I prolly wouldnt bet because I know I'd get called, I doubt I have the best hand, and I have a shot at a free card that I could really use.