PDA

View Full Version : Do you call?

ilya
07-30-2004, 03:56 PM
QQ in the CO, first orbit of a 3-Table $30 NL on Party. I raise 60 (4xbb) behind a middle position limper. The button calls as does the limper. Flop is 883 rainbow. Limper checks and I make a roughly pot-sized bet.
Button goes all-in.
Limper folds.
My action.
I called, thinking that since the button didn't reraise preflop he didn't have a higher pair and that if he had flopped trips he would have tried to extract more. I thought his most likely hands were 99-TT, AK, or maybe JJ or 44-77.
I think it was correct to call, but as I obviously lost the hand (to KK) I wouldn't mind some reassurance. Or corrections to my thought process.
Oh yeah...the all-in was for _a lot_ more, since both our stacks were at about 1000.

Cleveland Guy
07-30-2004, 04:03 PM
There are about 3 hands your behind on right now.

AA
KK
33 (might play big hoping you had the 8).

I like my odds and would probably call every time.

DarrenX
07-30-2004, 04:04 PM
I'm calling that all-in too- personally I never put smooth-callers on AA or KK. If there's a way to avoid this, I'm listening too... /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Cleveland Guy
07-30-2004, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm calling that all-in too- personally I never put smooth-callers on AA or KK. If there's a way to avoid this, I'm listening too... /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Only way I know is to fold anything other than AA KK or a set off the flop, but that sounds like a losing strategy.

ilya
07-31-2004, 05:27 PM
Ok....2nd level of a Party $30 NL MTT. I get QQ in late and raise it to 5xbb after 2 limpers. The small blind calls, others fold.
Flop 9s5s4h. I bet T300 into the T275 pot. Small blind reraises to within T10 of putting me all in. I reraise all-in, he calls, flips over KK, I'm out after turn and river bring no help.
Can I please just fold this please?