PDA

View Full Version : Mason, tourney book recap/blurbs?

Ulysses
07-30-2004, 03:43 PM
Mason,

Any chance we can get a quick blurb from you on each of the following books:

TPFAP
Harrington I
Harrington II
Raymer on Tournaments

FWIW, I agree w/ the posters in the other thread who state that even the same topics w/ views from Harrington's and Raymer's perspective would make for two very valuable tomes. However, I suspect each of these books might have a slightly different slant/angle and would like to hear a concise sentence or two describing each one.

Thanks

theBruiser500
07-30-2004, 04:09 PM
What is TPFAP?

I'm also interested in an answer to this. Looking forward to these books!

Mano
07-30-2004, 04:23 PM
Tournament Poker For Advanced Players - Sklansky's book, it has been out for a year or so.

theBruiser500
07-30-2004, 04:41 PM
that's what i thought, then why is diablo asking for a summary of it?

Ulysses
07-30-2004, 05:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
that's what i thought, then why is diablo asking for a summary of it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because TPFAP is out and many of us have it. Thus, if Mason writes a sentence describing that book, we can use that as context to understand how the other books will compare. Come on, Bruiser, think!

Mason Malmuth
07-30-2004, 11:15 PM
Hi Masked Man:

TPFAP is already out, so I'll let others elaborate.

Harrington I will have discussion of tournament theory and approximately 150 hand problems. All I have seen so far are 40 of the problems and that material was dynamic.

Harrington II is suppose to be more of the same except that different situations will be addressed.

Raymer is suppose to be somewhat similar to my Poker Essays books except that all the topics will be on different aspects of tournaments.

I suspect that all of these books will complement each other.

By the way, for those of you who don't know, Dan Harrington has been a close friend for almost 20 years. He's one of the few people I have discussed at length and in extreme detail poker theory and tournament poker theory. As for the Fossilman, we are all already familiar with his knowledge and writing ability from these forums.

Because of this, I'm willing to sign either of them up for a book without seeing a completed manuscript (which is our normal procedure for a new writer) since we at Two Plus Two are highly confident that these works will simply be outstanding.

As I know more, I'll keep everyone informed.

Best wishes,
Mason

PS: I think all of this is making Ed Miller jealous.

Mason Malmuth
07-30-2004, 11:18 PM
Hi Masked Man:

How about:

Tournament Poker for Advanced Players is a book about tournament poker strategy that was written by David Sklansky.[/i]

Best wishes,
Mason

Ulysses
07-30-2004, 11:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi Masked Man:

How about:

Tournament Poker for Advanced Players is a book about tournament poker strategy that was written by David Sklansky.[/i]

Best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, screw you, Mason!

Ulysses
07-30-2004, 11:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Harrington I will have discussion of tournament theory and approximately 150 hand problems. All I have seen so far are 40 of the problems and that material was dynamic.

Harrington II is suppose to be more of the same except that different situations will be addressed.

Raymer is suppose to be somewhat similar to my Poker Essays books except that all the topics will be on different aspects of tournaments.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thx. That was exactly what I was looking for. Sounds really great.

I also agree wholeheartedly w/ your respect for the tournament and poker savvy of these guys.