PDA

View Full Version : Ideal Strategy For No Ante Game?

Kaz The Original
07-30-2004, 02:39 PM
I played in a hold'em game last night that if it stays together long enough will make me a very rich man.

There are no antes and no blinds. It is no limit hold'em. Often 9 to a flop for any bet under a dollar. Players calling down not with a draw to a straight or a draw to a flush. Calling down with JACK HIGH looking for a jack.

Extremely weak players. How do I best adapt?

JimSardonic
07-30-2004, 03:08 PM
I'm no expert, but I think the ideal strategy would be:

Play there often.

nef
07-30-2004, 03:36 PM
I'm assuming that since there's no ante you can open with a check. If that’s the case of course see all the flops you can for free. Call bets and raises pre-flop based on what the bettor might have (the callers too, but thats much harder too narrow down) and the pot and implied odds you are getting. You really don't ever have to pay for a flop except with AA if you don't want to, but that probably leaves money on the table. If it gets checked around pre-flop, and there is a bet on the flop you probably will never be getting pot odds to call for any draw unless you are in late position and there are several callers. However, in some cases you may be getting good implied odds. The only reason to ever bet pre-flop would be that you are certain you will be called by worse hands. Theres no need to be betting with lots of hands pre-flop IMHO. I guess only bet on the flop with no pot if you are fairly certain you will be called by worse hands.

Navers
07-30-2004, 03:50 PM
my guess is that you can play hands that will stand up against multiple opponents like big suited cards and big suited connectors. Also, play super-premium hands. Since there are no blinds, you have the time to wait for great hands. There's no rush to be playing less-than-great cards.