PDA

View Full Version : Semibluff

Nate tha' Great
07-30-2004, 02:27 PM
10-20 5-handed.

Loose players limp UTG and CO and a reasonable button raises. I call in the BB with 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. Blinds call.

Flop A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif. Checked to Button who bets, I call, CO calls.

Turn 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif. I bet.

NLSoldier
07-30-2004, 02:59 PM
I dont know if i like this semibluff when 2 of your 8 outs are now probably dirty.

tripdad
07-30-2004, 04:47 PM
i don't see this as a +EV play, at least at the $5/10 level i play at. too many will call down if they have a pair. if you don't get raised and you pick up the straight, you will be good, though.

cheers!

Apocalypse
07-30-2004, 07:45 PM
at 5/10:

would an ace fold to your bet? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

would a high club fold to your bet? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Nate tha' Great
07-30-2004, 07:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
at 5/10:

would an ace fold to your bet? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

would a high club fold to your bet? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but K /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif or 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif might.

fyodor
07-30-2004, 10:40 PM
Maybe I'm the only one but I like this bet. I think it folds both of them often enough to be worthwhile when taken in concert with the times they call and you hit and win.

If they both call and you miss do you give it up?
How about if only one calls?

I think you bet the river no matter what.

Trix
07-31-2004, 01:06 AM
This look alot like a bluff since most people would check-raise a strong hand here rather than betting out, so I dont think itīs good.
I dont think it helps having another loose player in there either.

fyodor
07-31-2004, 01:13 AM
No the point is it DOESN'T look like a bluff. It looks like you hit the flush and you are afraid neither one of them will bet it for you.

Of course not everyone will read it that way and some will call just to keep you honest. But keeping you honest is going to cost them 2 bets so a lot of opponents will lay down.

Nate tha' Great
07-31-2004, 05:27 PM
CO folded, Button thought for a long time and called. I bet again on a river blank, Button called and turned over A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif. I type 'nh'.

Nate tha' Great
07-31-2004, 05:29 PM
I don't know, I'd bet out with a turned flush here a lot of the time, especially with a low turned flush. I also might bet out with a hand like A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

lil'
08-01-2004, 09:15 AM
I hate semi-bluffing with a 3 flush on the board and more than one opponent, because any lone club is not going away.

stripsqueez
08-01-2004, 09:59 AM
i think you should state the plan when your turn bet gets raised - call and then check/fold the river - or - fold - seem the best options

plainly you commit to the river when you get called on the turn - you have to protect the upside that they are calling with a flush draw only

if you know that the button knows that your a good player then it becomes a better plan

stripsqueez - chickenhawk