PDA

View Full Version : Need Info on Dan Harrington

Dentist
07-30-2004, 12:59 PM
I like his play and his record at the WSOP in incredible

However,

How much other poker besides the main event at the WS does he actually play?

I've never seen him on WPT or anything... does he not play other tourneys? I've never even heard his name mentioned for the minor WS events.

Does he even play cash games at all?

Granted, if you never did anything but kick butt in the main event you are a legend... but I just am curious about the rest of his poker history

Kurn, son of Mogh
07-30-2004, 01:43 PM
In his High-Low Split book, Ray Zee mentions Dan Harrington as a premier high-stakes stud/8 player and calls him "a great all-around player you can see in any game."

Not to mention that his cousin plays a mean game of golf. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Avery
07-30-2004, 02:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I've never seen him on WPT or anything... does he not play other tourneys? I've never even heard his name mentioned for the minor WS events.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember seeing his name in the updates during the Bellagio Five-Star $25k event. PokerPages shows that he finished 21st for $49,899.

M2d
07-30-2004, 03:07 PM
and his other cousin a not so mean (but miles above what i or anyone I know could do) game of football.

J.A.Sucker
07-30-2004, 04:25 PM
Yes he does play cash games. I saw him buying into some huge game at Commerce when I was down there. I think he was in town to play the 10K event for the Cali St Poker Championships (or whatever that one was that Affleck won). If I could emulate any poker player, he's on my short, short list (of about 2).

Not only does he play well, he plays well every day, carries himself well, and is one of the most successful poker players ever, whether it's a cash game or a tournament.

Ulysses
07-30-2004, 06:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If I could emulate any poker player, he's on my short, short list (of about 2).

[/ QUOTE ]

El Diablo
Harrington

I say you should extend it to three and add Ray Zee to the list.

J.A.Sucker
07-30-2004, 08:28 PM
Wrong. My list of poker players doesn't include El Diablo. My list of cult leaders, which is exactly one, does have two names.

deacsoft
07-30-2004, 10:17 PM
If I understand it correctly, Mr. Harrington has a book coming out this fall. You can probably read everything you'd like to know in there.

theBruiser500
07-31-2004, 01:31 PM
Who si the other player JASucker

Zeno
07-31-2004, 05:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My list of cult leaders, which is exactly one, does have two names.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thus getting two to one on Pascal's wager?

-Zeno

Zeno
07-31-2004, 05:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I could emulate any poker player, he's on my short, short list (of about 2).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

El Diablo
Harrington

[/ QUOTE ]

The delusional disease I predicted is starting to eat away at your brain 'Great Masked One'.

Emulation and list making are for 'Just Another Sucker' type players. Involving yourself in such fatalistic tasks reveals a lack of wisdom and a unchecked ego.

Abandon hope all Ye who enter here - Dante

Zeno
07-31-2004, 05:50 PM
This guy: Dan (http://www.matsci.northwestern.edu/stupp/dah.html)

Or, This guy: Dan (http://www.conjelco.com/wsop95/12-May-wsop.html)