PDA

View Full Version : CNN, Fox, and NYT: Today's Headlines

Utah
07-30-2004, 12:57 PM
I read all three and I found the headlines today interesting.

CNN: Kerry off and Running with Kerry photo
Fox: Bush "We have a vision" with Bush photo
NYT: Bush and Kerry Begin Push. Kerry headline article with Bush photo.

Appears NYT was the most balanced.

cardcounter0
07-30-2004, 01:47 PM
You must be mistaken. Only Fox News is "Fair and Balanced".
The rest are just arms of the vast liberal media, which controls all outlets of information. I know this because I listen to Rush Limbaugh, who is broadcast daily on the largest radio network the evil Liberal Media has.

jdl22
07-30-2004, 02:27 PM
I think CNN is the only balanced one of the three, though I'm making further assumptions about the future. While they only show Kerry, yesterday and today are big news days for him. The convention speech and in some sense the beginning of the campaign are much bigger than Bush simply continuing to campaign. I think balanced coverage would focus on Kerry this week and Bush at the end of August early September since that's when they are going to be more newsworthy. If CNN has Kerry as the main line the day after the Republican convention they would be as biased as Fox News on this particular point.

The Dude
07-31-2004, 07:30 PM
Next time don't bother getting such a large sample size to make your judgement. Mathematically speaking, you can get by with much less.

Utah
07-31-2004, 11:34 PM
I dont remember making any definitive statement. I only gave an example. I read all three every day.

However, since you like small samples, here is one for ya - I have only read one of your posts but that is a large enough sample to know you're a jackass.

The Dude
08-01-2004, 04:28 AM
LOL. If you say so.

rkaufman
08-02-2004, 02:14 AM
This aggression will not stand, man.