PDA

View Full Version : Kerry speech question

sameoldsht
07-30-2004, 11:51 AM
I listened to the entire speach last night and have a question.

Was John Kerry in Vietnam? I vaguely recall him saying that once or twice during his campaign, but not sure if he metioned it last night. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Of course, not one word about his protesting the very war that he was supposed to be some kind of hero in. Maybe Kerry can get Michael Moore to help him edit his phony re-enacted movies from his tour of duty that the press keeps running over and over.

Here's some good reading from Kerry's fellow soldiers during his heroic 4-month tour.

Swift Boat Vets (http://www.swiftvets.com/)

benfranklin
07-30-2004, 12:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You really need to get a life /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Was John Kerry in Vietnam?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you missed it, I'd guess he might mention it again in the next month or so. There are those who uncharitably suggest that Kerry went to Vietnam to get his political ticket punched, military service being a big plus when running for office. Apparently Kerry has been a politician since birth. I remember reading that when he was involved in student politics, he insisted that his classmates call him by his initials, JFK. (Any links to info on this would be appreciated.) JFK, the real one, was Kerry's role model. The parallels between JFK's military service on PT boats and Kerry's service on Swift boats is striking. A coincidence, or obsessive behavior? The guy has been trying to be JFK his whole life.

Rooster71
07-30-2004, 10:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Was John Kerry in Vietnam? I vaguely recall him saying that once or twice during his campaign, but not sure if he metioned it last night. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Of course, not one word about his protesting the very war that he was supposed to be some kind of hero in. Maybe Kerry can get Michael Moore to help him edit his phony re-enacted movies from his tour of duty that the press keeps running over and over.

Here's some good reading from Kerry's fellow soldiers during his heroic 4-month tour.

Swift Boat Vets (http://www.swiftvets.com/)

[/ QUOTE ]
Let's guess what Georgie was doing while Kerry was in Vietnam....snorting coke, getting arrested, getting drunk, partying his ass off, being a general screw-off...

Bush was a "draft dodger". Republicans don't have a trademark on this term. Anyone who avoids the draft is a "draft dodger." Bush avoided the draft via the National Guard. I think it is important to point this out when the right starts attacking Kerry's military service (and subsequent protesting of the war).