PDA

View Full Version : Absolute - Something?

josie_wales
07-30-2004, 11:31 AM
I have noticed that, amoung other things, absolute rarely has a full table going.

That is not to say that there is ONE table of 6 or 7 people, but frequently there are THREE tables with 5 or 6 each at them.

Could that many people like Short handed play?

Is it possible that they are props that are asked to even out the tables?

Anyway, just a random observation.

JW

Smackdab
07-30-2004, 11:43 AM
Most evenings when I play I have no trouble finding full tables. Of course I am playing only 1/2 ansd occasionly 2/4 to work off bonuses.

Oski
07-30-2004, 11:47 AM
You know what? That's a crock of crap. I play there about three-times per week, and I have to point out you are incorrect.

Last time I was there, Wednesday 4:00 p.m. - 10 p.m. P.S.T. there were 4 FULL 2/4 tables 2 FULL 3/6 tables, as well as one full 6-handed max 2/4 table. Of course, there were a few short handed games going.

As with many growing sites, there are periods where traffic is low. However, I like short-handed, so I just sit down and wait a few minutes. Shortly a game starts, and about 75% of the time, the whole table fills up. I proceed to play that table until the end of the session.

By no means is Absolute a "big site," and so I don't have the same expectations. I love the table selection, etc. that Party offers, but I still play a lot at Absolute because I quickly became knowledgable of their player base.

It is very profitable to get to play the same group of players over and again.

El Barto
07-30-2004, 11:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Most evenings when I play I have no trouble finding full tables. Of course I am playing only 1/2 ansd occasionly 2/4 to work off bonuses.

[/ QUOTE ]

How much quicker do you clear bonuses at 2/4 vs. 1/2?

How does 1/2 and 2/4 compare in softness?

Oski
07-30-2004, 11:55 AM
1/2 is extremely soft. You will get capped on the river while YOU hold the nuts. Because so many players stay in, the pots are large enough to trigger the rake requirement to clear the bonus. Of course, this also means, the game is slower and there are less hands per hour. (You can play the 6-max if it pleases you).

2/4 is also soft, but there are a few regulars and other apparently good players who drop in to make a few bucks. They are not to hard to identify and avoid. 2/4 also has some real maniacs who you will quickly identify.

All in all BOTH are quite beatable, but 2/4 will offer some interesting obstacles once in a awhile.

josie_wales
07-30-2004, 12:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You know what? That's a crock of crap

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh...my bad.

jw

PapaSan
07-30-2004, 12:58 PM
Theys do use props though.....

michfan
07-30-2004, 01:05 PM