PDA

View Full Version : Some more hands for comment

fnord_too
07-30-2004, 10:08 AM
I am making a concerted effort to post hands that give me any problem. I am happy with my 5/10 results so far, but I have way too many situations where I just am unsure to be happy with my play.

On a side note, I hate it when I somehow don't get hand histories. I was in PT taking notes from my last two days when I saw the notable absense of a maniac. I remember who the maniac was but I don't remember the 2-4 loose passive players who were at the table. Bah!

On with the hands:

Hand 1:

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, MP folds, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (6 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks.

Final Pot: 6 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Ah 9c (one pair, nines).
UTG shows Kd Td (high card, king).
Outcome: Hero wins 6 BB. </font>

Pretty sure I should have bet this river for value. I think I was hoping to induce a bluff here, and went with a check call plan.

Hand 2:
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls, SB folds.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

Hero shows 2c 9c (two pair, nines and threes).
UTG shows 5h 6h (two pair, fives and threes).
MP shows 2s Js (one pair, threes).
Button shows 7s Ks (one pair, threes).
Outcome: Hero wins 8.50 BB. </font>

With 3 callers and only TPWK I am not sure if I should have led, gone into check call mode (which I did) or gone into check fold mode.

Hand 3:
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, MP folds, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Button calls.

Flop: (8 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Button folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

River: (10 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB

Hero shows Kd Kc (full house, kings full of eights).
UTG shows Ks Td (two pair, kings and eights).
Outcome: Hero wins 12 BB. </font>

My plan was to lead out on the flop and check raise the turn, the flop raise that chased out the other two opponents ruined that. Maybe I should have checked, and check raised the turn if there was a flop bet?

Hand 4:
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, MP folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.20 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 5.20 BB

No showdown. BB wins 5.20 BB. </font>

I don't know what the right line here is. I hate AK when it misses completely and I only have 1 opponent.

Apocalypse
07-30-2004, 01:25 PM
hand 1:

i can see some debate here, but i think you did the right thing by checking the river here to induce a bluff, since lots of hands with low showdown value could've called down here, and be inclined to make a stab at it if your rivercheck can give the illusion of a missed draw as well. In your opponents shoes, If i would've been so stupid to call down with K10 of diamonds to the river, i probably would've bet the river if checked to as well. (being the fish i am)

hand 2:

bet the river period, no reason to assume you're up against a nine or overpair here and perhaps there are some mediumpairs or aces that will make a crying call here.

hand 3:

you played it fine here. If a PFR in the SB would raise with so much limpers behind him, i'd expect to see a bet on the flop wether he missed or hit. Checking would've been very suspicious. Plus lots of ppl will call with a pot this big a lot of hands for one bet. The rest of your line seems fine as well

hand 4:

very very read-dependent. Lots of players including myself /images/graemlins/grin.gif will try to cr a flop here if headsup and with a big probability it has missed you as well. In that case you can 3-bet a flop and move on as you like from there. Tight more straightforward players will do this only if they have a hand and a fold on the turn seems ok with me...