PDA

View Full Version : Fighting the All in Bully

wacki
07-30-2004, 09:55 AM
Heads up, tournament play.

Hero has $19,000 in chips
Bully has $8,000 in chips

The blinds are 1,200/600

I am in the BB, dealt 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, Opponent goes all in, I fold.

Next time I'm in the BB dealt A9o, Opponent goes all in. This is the second time he goes all in, but its the first time I've played him. I folded, but I'm guessing I should've called.

Again, in the BB, I have A4o he goes all in , I fold.

I'm guessing I should've played these.

Anyway, I end up battling him till he goes all in when I have JJ, He shows K4o. He ended sucking out on me.

I know that I was right with the JJ, but should I of called the all in with A9, or A4? What are the rules for this kind of play? The only information I have is that when he went all in he told me, after the game, that he always had a picture card.

Phill S
07-30-2004, 10:06 AM
A9 is rarely behind when your heads up. you can wait to get big hands, but this is not the time.

everytime he goes all in and wins hes gonna be getting the 1200 BB youve posted, plus his own 600 back.

the A9 is and auto call, jsut cross those fingers. and you prolly wouldnt have even seen the A4 (incidentally i wouldnt of called A4 if those two hands changed order).

but, this is all based on the little info youve given, i dont know your general read, but its safe to assume if hes clever any picture and hell push because he must.

just as you cant wait, he cant wait to a larger degree.

Phill

wacki
07-30-2004, 10:27 AM
Thanx for info.

What hands are auto calls? Just so I know.

Unarmed
07-30-2004, 10:33 AM
If you call with A10up and 55up you are ahead of a random push of PP or any ace. A8 is fine in this case, A4 I'd probably fold.

wacki
07-30-2004, 11:58 AM
Are any king or Queen high hands good?

wacki
07-30-2004, 12:00 PM
Also what does PP stand for?

newcool
07-30-2004, 12:21 PM
PP = pocket pair

Unarmed
07-30-2004, 12:29 PM
Well my post said if the opponent pushes with any Ace and PP then no, your K or Q high sucks /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Even if your opponent is pushing with KJ,KQ,K10 your K is still no good because you can't specifically put him on Kx when he pushes.

I would only call an all-in with Q high if I was playing in backwards world.

wacki
07-30-2004, 03:47 PM
What if he was pushing with any picture card and PP, meaning Ax, Kx, Qx, and Jx, and a PP what would you do then? Still play the A with a 9 or higher only?

BrettK
07-30-2004, 04:03 PM
Your opponent was correct to be pushing or folding, because he had less than 10xBB. I would have played it the same way, except that I might have called with A9.

Brett

Unarmed
07-30-2004, 04:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What if he was pushing with any picture card and PP, meaning Ax, Kx, Qx, and Jx, and a PP what would you do then? Still play the A with a 9 or higher only?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.
I haven't seen sims for what to do in that situation.
I'd guess you'd be ok with K10 and better.

Jman28
07-30-2004, 05:38 PM
I think you need to be calling even more hands than mentioned, as well as pushing yourself (which you don't discuss here).

Keep in mind, If you call with QTo and you're up against A7o you are STILL over 44% to win, which, with the pot odds, makes it near 50/50. But, if you play this same QTo and he has Q8o, you are now 73% to win! Overall, I think calling with QTo is an arguable play in this situation.

In addition, this QTo is BETTER than A9o against 22-99!

QTo v 77 = 47.4%
A9o v 77 = 43.2%

Note, I'm not saying QT is better than A9 here, because it isn't. I'm just saying that holdings with 2 cards above 9 are usually in decent situations here too. Suited cards have extra value, but it is very little extra help unless against a low pair.

wacki
07-30-2004, 08:07 PM
Thanks for all the info guys, you've been a big help.

To wrap things up, do you have any rule of thumbs on how/when to push when I'm in the SB?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No.
I haven't seen sims for what to do in that situation.
I'd guess you'd be ok with K10 and better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did you find the sims you are talking about?

HajiShirazu
07-30-2004, 08:47 PM
You have to call with the A9. A4 is close but I call with that one too.