PDA

View Full Version : AA to a raise and reraise on the flop

t_perkin
07-30-2004, 09:46 AM
From 2+2 Tuesday SnG. 16 or so left

I don't have the HH I'm afraid but this is pretty much how it went down:

Blinds 15/30 i think.

me UTG with AA.

There are two quite loose aggressive players behind me and a shortstack on the SB so I am pretty confident that I will get a raise from somewhere. So I just limp (looking to reraise).

One of the aggressive players just limps all others fold and the SB and BB come along. Dammit.

Flop comes rags, T high, rainbow. No made sraights possible.
Pot is T 120

SB goes all in for T100
EDIT> BB raise to T250 (not SB, sorry)

I have about T1600. I have all the players covered but only by T200 or so.

None of the players involved in this hand have shown any great flair for the game so far, but I only have 20 or so hands to go on.

Whats my action? Can I ever fold this here? Can I fold it at a higher buyin?

THanks

Tim

p.s: There was only one other 2+2er at this table and he wasn't in the hand, so I'm not slagging anyone off /images/graemlins/smile.gif:)

Phil Van Sexton
07-30-2004, 10:06 AM
BB likely trying to get heads-up with shortstack. He must have something (like top pair), but I wouldn't fear a monster like you would on a typical re-raise.

Only question is whether you call or push here.

Phill S
07-30-2004, 10:10 AM
if ive read the situation right,

you raise the BB back a significant amount. he raised to show strength, but not enough to face more than one player. if he has a monster hed of just called. raise him back, if your re-raised, prolly fold, if he calls, be careful.

i dont think however a straight push is the answer.

Phill

t_perkin
07-30-2004, 10:17 AM
I could easily be looking at two-pair or trips from the BB here.
If was him I would be more inclined to make a small raise with two pair or trips. With top pair good kicker I would be pushing in to get myself alone with the SB.

Tim

hyde
07-30-2004, 10:20 AM
I have printed a little message to myself on my monitor:

I LOVE TO SLOW PLAY.
I JUST HATE THE RESULTS.

having said that, I still slow play because it FEELS SO GOOD when it works.

I would push here and know you might be up against a set. which brings us to the beauty of internet SNG's....NEXT!

hyde

t_perkin
07-30-2004, 10:31 AM
but this was not any old SnG. It was the 2+2 SnG!

In the end I called his flop bet. The other two players folded and I saw the river and showdown for only another T200.

Tim

Phil Van Sexton
07-30-2004, 10:50 AM
On rainbow flop with no str8 possibilities, I think a lot of people would call from the BB with a set or 2-pair...and I probably would also.

There was 220 in the pot when it got to him, and he bet 250. That's enough to discourage anyone from calling with overcards to his pair. However, he can easily get away from this hand if you push behind him.

hyde
07-30-2004, 01:24 PM
good point on the 2+2 feature on this SNG.

and occasionally you must gift. Much as I did finishing 16th in the 2nd game last night.
my excuses:
I had just finished working.
I was tired.
I was cooking dinner at the same time.
I had company.....
truth: I basically just wanted to play a bit (donate), chat a bit and be a bit of a maniac to see how that worked out.

16th. didn't work out real well....

hyde