PDA

View Full Version : 2 Collosal mistakes

jt1
07-30-2004, 08:40 AM
PP $3/6

Hand 1: BB is a LAG. Hero UTG with K /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Hero raises. MP1 cold calls. MP2 cold calls. SB folds. BB re-raises. Hero caps. All call

6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Hero bets. MP1 calls. MP2 calls. BB folds.

J /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Hero bets. All call.

2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero checks. MP1 bets. MP2 folds. I call

Hand 2: UTG+1 is a LAG. Hero is SB with Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG raises. UTG+1 cold calls. Hero re-raises. BB folds. UTG caps. UTG+1 calls. I call.

A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero checks. UTG bets. UTG+1 raises. Hero folds.

I'll let you all point out my mistakes.

Kluddeludde
07-30-2004, 09:23 AM
Fold the river in hand 1. I don't know what you expect to be ahead of here.

Reraise the flop and try to get it heads-up with the LAG in hand 2.

How'd I do? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kludde

jt1
07-30-2004, 09:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Reraise the flop and try to get it heads-up with the LAG in hand 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say this line is infinitely better than what I did.

In hand 1, check folding may or not be better than what I did, but either way it's not a big mistake.

actually i'm not sure about check folding. But, I think it's worse than what I did.

Kluddeludde
07-30-2004, 09:38 AM
Had it been the LAG that bet the river in hand 1, I would definately call. Since it isn't, though, I don't think you are ahead of a lot of hands MP1 could hold. Just my 2 cents, though.

Kludde

Haupt_234
07-30-2004, 10:38 AM
In hand #1, what did you hope to accomplish by betting out the flop? Is all of them folding realistic?

Haupt_234

Trix
07-30-2004, 10:49 AM
KQ isnīt that great in a multiway pot, so I just call the 3bet and raise the flop if I like it.
the river call suck. You are better off betting if you still think you have a chance in that pot.

2) This is fine. In theory you could 3bet if you knew UTG would muck KK and the other dude was lag enough to raise him with less than an Ace.

MoreWineII
07-30-2004, 10:54 AM
I think you made two mistakes in hand 1:

a.) capping PF with KQos
b.) calling the river

Hand 2 looks ok to me. What did you think was your mistake here? Not betting the flop?

jt1
07-30-2004, 10:59 AM
I screwed up my post a bit. In hand 1, BB checked to me then folded to my bet.

But yea, I was hoping that they would all fold to that flop bet. But by at least the turn, I thought they might. IMO, I should have definitely bet the river.

In hand 2, I think I should have bet out on the flop. I didn't believe the LAG, but I was afraid of the capper. It turned out that the capper folded on the turn. I doubt the LAG had me beat. I would have known where I stood by betting out.

jt1
07-30-2004, 11:06 AM
In hand 1, I capped with KQo because I thought I had the best hand, and I wanted to represent strength. I was going to call the flop and turn anyway, so why not bet? And a cap makes my hand more likely to push others out.

I thought I had the best hand because it was a LAG (who just suffered a bad beat BTW) who 3 bet me.

lil'
07-30-2004, 11:09 AM
Hand 1 - Someone else posted a hand where they capped with K-Qo the other day in a multiway pot. Doesn't make sense to me. Betting the turn is an exercise in futility. Calling seems pointless on the river. Even if you win this, you're going to feel stupid about it.

I had several hands last night where I was overplaying some cards and trying to force things when I should have just let go. Playing hands like this can get expensive. I had to rein myself in before I pissed away my stack.

Hand 2 - Seems fine to me. You'll have to put in a lot to get to the river here and hope neither has an ace.

Haupt_234
07-30-2004, 11:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
But yea, I was hoping that they would all fold to that flop bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have 2 opponents calling the whole way preflop and another opponent raising you. If anyone folded to this flop bet, it would be ridiculously wrong.

Haupt_234

MoreWineII
07-30-2004, 11:11 AM
Ok, so you thought you had the best hand PF in hand 1. Did you still think you had the best on the flop? On the turn? What were you hoping to accomplish by betting both those streets?

Kluddeludde
07-30-2004, 11:11 AM
a.) capping PF with KQos

I don't think this is such a big mistake. I wouldn't be too worried about the cold callers, since they could be cold calling with JTs, 55, etc. Naturally, I am not worried about the LAG. I think you have pot equity and should get the money in.

Kludde